Kilgore-Hallsville / What the Stats say!

FBJ

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, he's one guy.. he is obviously a father of a player or band member etc..

He's making excuses.. don't get too offended. There are a few Bulldog fans like that too.

Some WH fans were on here complaining about the Bobcat Stadium clock keeper after last weeks game. So what!

Originally posted by BOBCAT_Dad

There was a recent thread dealing with "homecooking" which I didn't have time to read. However, everyone in East Texas knows it definitely is a BIG factor when playing in Marshall, and .... even more ... in Kilgore.

Hallsville has a stronger team than Kilgore and should win if they get a fair shake.

It will be a close game ... but hard to beat the Dogs at home. "Homecooking" will give the Dogs 14 pts, so the Cats will have to be clearly better to win. I think we can still overcome !!

:rofl:

Bobcat Dad....... chilllllll out. The only homecooking the Dogs will get at RE St Johns Stadium is that they don't have to listen to the{ RICK} PA announcer that Hallsville has. Sorry, I can't spell body parts right!!

I get my p and r s confused !!!

He has to be a band members dad.... nobody that has ever had a football suite on would make that 14 pt statement.

Love cry babies

Looking at the scores for this year I find Kilgore to be 5-2 on the year. Now breaking it down further I find that our two losses have occurred at the Dogpound, out of the 3 times we have played there this year. If this is someone's idea of homecooking I say,"Fire the dang cook!!!!!!!!!!!!". This sounds like a pre-game excuse to me. Who gave this guy a registration.

Anyway less than 24 hours to game time. I hope we had ample time to prepare with all the rain this week. I think all the dogs are healthy, and I hope Fry and company are as well. Looking forward to an exciting close game with the Bobcats as usual.

By the way just came back from the 8th grade game. The "A" team cats took it 24-6 and the "B" team dogs won 6-0.

Nope ... definitely NOT a band dad. Although I do enjoy listening to them.

I stand by what I said about the cooking. But feel I better say no more due to the warning which was issued on the preceding page. Boy, you guys sure are sensitive to get so riled over my little comment!

I do thoroughly agree with Coach's statement in the Longview Journal today. The Cats must eliminate the mistakes to beat a quality team like Kilgore. We made our share last week and lost by 3 points. Among others, Cats had 2 holding penalties which turned touchdowns into field goals.

Knowing the game is likely to be very close, I surely hope I am proved wrong about the "cooking".

By the way.... I have worn a football suit ... but never a suite.

That PA announcer that you are talking about is a retired football coach and is now the Justice of the Peace. He was a good coach, is a good JP, and is a great PA announcer. The difference is that we have a good enough PA system that the announcer can actually be heard and undersood. You go around knocking on him, remember he might be the JP you have to see after your next speeding ticket! But of coarse you don't have to worry about that, hiding behind a screen name. ( Oh yea by the way...what is a football suite?)

And back to the Marshall game...I saw the "no call" on the pass interference and the fumble recovery on our sideline that the refs blew. Would they have made a difference? Probably not but they were both terrible calls.

Originally posted by 76cat

That PA announcer that you are talking about is a retired football coach and is now the Justice of the Peace. He was a good coach, is a good JP, and is a great PA announcer. The difference is that we have a good enough PA system that the announcer can actually be heard and undersood.

Let me apologize for the PA system at Kilgore. Sorry we had to spend all of our money on the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP signs at the city limits.

Now, 63bdd don't forget alot of that money for the new PA system went into travel funds for the Dawgs playoffs for the last 10 years! I guess if Kilgore stayed home every year we could save enough to by a new PA system.

How's this for home cooking 36_1_72.gifimage.gif

Originally posted by Hookemhorns88

Doesn't Hallsville provide funds TO Kilgore as part of the Robin Hood Plan?

Probably since Hallsville ISD is so wealthy and KISD is so poor. Oh well that's what happens when oil becomes so cheap. By the way are taxes on trailer houses (mobile homes) higher than other taxes? Just wondering after driving thru Hallsville!

That is the very problem with the Robin Hood Plan. It is the industry in the Hallsville School District (Eastman, Sabine Mining, Pirkey Power Plant, etc.) that makes it a "wealthy" school district. From an individual tax paying property owner standpoint Hallsville is a relative poor district as you have astutely noticed by the large volume of mobile homes in our area.