BCS Outlook

CraigSmoak

Here is a list of the Top 10 BCS teams and the remaining games against ranked opponents on their schedule. This does not include conference championship games.

1) OHIO STATE

#2 - Michigan (Nov. 18)

2) MICHIGAN

#1 - @ Ohio State (Nov. 18)

3) SOUTHERN CAL

#25 - Oregon (Nov. 11)

#12 - California (Nov. 18)

#11 - Notre Dame (Nov. 25)

4) WEST VIRGINIA

#6 - @ Louisville (Nov. 2)

#16 - Rutgers (Dec. 2)

5) AUBURN

no ranked teams remaining

6) FLORIDA

no ranked teams remaining

7) TEXAS

#22 - Texas A&M (Nov. 24)

8) LOUISVILLE

#4 - West Virginia (Nov. 2)

#16 - @ Rutgers (Nov. 9)

9) NOTRE DAME

#3 - @ Southern Cal (Nov. 25)

10) CALIFORNIA

#3 - @ Southern Cal (Nov. 18)

These are just the ranked teams they have remaining, but there are plenty of games left that some of these teams could trip up on. For example, although Auburn and Florida have no ranked teams remaining on their schedule at this point they still have some tough tests. Auburn has to play Georgia and hated rival Alabama. Florida has to play Georgia as well along with rival Florida State.

Originally posted by Slikk1803

I say West Virginia goes Undefeated.....and Ohio State or Michigan plays WV for the national title....USC will lose a game, but I'm not sure if it will be CAL or ND....

If West Va. plays either Michigan or Ohio St. it will be a wood shed whooping. West Va cannot compete with either of them.

I'm not so sure West Virginia would get waxed in the BCS title game. Nobody thought this team would beat Georgia last year, and they handed it to them. This is a very good team, and I think they could especially beat Ohio State, a team that is not real strong against the run. I don't know what will happen. The season always has a way of playing out, and the BCS rankings usually wind up where they should be. But I would not be shocked if West Virginia is the BCS champion.

If Auburn wins out, they will get the nod for the NC game. Pollsters know they got the shaft two years ago when OU lost to KSU in the Big 12 championship, then went and got embarassed by USC. Although it's a crummy system, it is what we have--so Auburn deserves a shot. Every pollster knows that the SEC is pretty tough this year--they are beating up on each other--a sign of a great conference.

I never said West Virginia would win the national championship....I just think they will go undefeated and probably make it to the game....I don't think they could beat Ohio St. or Michigan, but you never know...If any one loss school goes it has to be Texas, they lost to #1, not #17 ....Their schedule may not be as strong, but doesn't everyone have cupcake games...The horns can't help that some of them are in the same conference...

Originally posted by OBTS

If Auburn wins out, they will get the nod for the NC game. Pollsters know they got the shaft two years ago when OU lost to KSU in the Big 12 championship, then went and got embarassed by USC. Although it's a crummy system, it is what we have--so Auburn deserves a shot. Every pollster knows that the SEC is pretty tough this year--they are beating up on each other--a sign of a great conference.

Problem is a third of the vote is computers and they are blind to anything but wins & losses. They hurt the teams in the SEC.