ESPN

you mean paul mcguire.....they were the best. andi think if you look back smoaky you will find that i think the cowboys beat theesman more than he beat them....i know im not looking it up, just guessing. Benny can ya look this up for us?

Originally posted by Word

i think if you look back smoaky you will find that i think the cowboys beat theesman more than he beat them....i know im not looking it up, just guessing. Benny can ya look this up for us?

During the Theismann years, the Cowboys and Redskins played 23 times (not saying he was the QB in each of the games) and Dallas won 14 times and lost 9.

I still like the "BOOM, POW, SMACK" comments from Madden in dicussing plays. Yeah, he's starting to make more "say what" comments, but he's entertaining .. IMHO.

But man, I wish that they'd brought Hank, Jr. with them to NBC.

Please, please, please, get rid of the celebrity interviews. If wanted to watch celebrities then I would watch the E! network or "Inside Edition" or one of the tabloid TV shows. It is painful to listen to a sportscaster try to interview a celebrity and it is even more painful to listen to the celebrity's answer. They usually have no clue. The only time that this situation was somewhat pulled off was when they interviewed Matthew McConaughey during the Marshall U game. He was actually promoting a sports movie "We Are Marshall". But beyond that, stick with the game.

Tony Kornheiser is just trying to get adjusted to this booth deal with two other knowledgeable football people in there with him.

The fact that Theismann played in the NFL should not make him any more of a big deal on this crew. Yes, he played pro football and is a smart guy, but so are the other two.