The Cowboys now...and the Future

I was not for Romo replacing Bledsoe unless the season was a lost cause, and I REALLY was not for it down by just 5 in a battle for the NFC East...BUT it happened so now I HOPE they stick with Romo. I dont want a yo-yo at QB.

People say the Cowboys were "built" to win this year...I guess the addition of TO did have a win now attitude..BUT..The defense for the most part is young, yes it has not played great, but it still has the potentioal to be a good/great D. The running backs are all young, the two TE are both young.

I think it is time for the Cowboys to scrap the win now attitude and make the steps to see if Romo is the guy. Let him play thru the 4 int games, let him play thru the stupid mistakes. Cause He will either show u he is the guy, or that one needs to be found.

If you do this I think you allow the team to relax. They can now start just playing football again. Quit playing with the pressure of being a team that is SUPPOSED to be a play-off and SB contender. You never know, they might turn it around with some Romo magic and just getting back to having fun and playing football.

Originally posted by UG_Sooner

I think parcells needs to pick Brady Quinn or Troy Smith in the upcoming draft. For as long as i have been watching football they have been weak at quaterback.

you must have just started watching football within the past 5 years

Let's see, our first pick this year..............Bobby Carpenter, who has been inactive most every game, not supposed to happen with a 1st round pick.

Our 2nd pick .............Fasano, who has contributed, but was not a big need position.

If we had combined those picks and traded up to #10......................we have Leinart.............where was my dang crystal ball and speed dial to big Bill on draft day?

Carpenter would be playing were Ellis is, or at least splitting time with Singleton. Ellis at OLB was still an unknown when Carpenter was drafted. And we couldn't have another season of Fujita floundering against the run.

A major dislike I have about the DMN and Ft. Worth media, is they all bag on the Carpenter pick..but praised it when it happened, since he was a big school player. Hindsight is 20/20, and none of them knew Ellis would work out.

Fasano might not have been a big pick if Hannam were healthy. He isn't. We need TE's in this offense. Fasano has had rookie moments, but has made some good catches and just needs to get a little better blocking.

Guest texpal22

from what i've been hearing is that the Cowboys are not pleased with Carpenter. if something doesn't change he may not be with the team next year.

They can't think too badly of him...they've thrown everything at him...he's had to learn outside and inside linebacker in a new scheme, plus special teams, which I guess he never had to do at OSU.

What's hurting him is we drafted the best talent on the board, but we already had a boatload of linebackers and still do.

Guest texpal22
Originally posted by ramsn03

He also wouldn't hurt if Roy Williams could cover someone.

they need to put a little weight on him and move him to linebacker

Roy Williams has been a bit misleading, but he hasn't given up much. His stats are better than some of the other top safeties in the league. The touchdown to Buress wasn't his fault, but Watkins and a ref that forgot where he was suppose to be. The TD to Shockey is asking a bit much; Manning was unpressured, Shockey had the entire middle of the field, and Shockey was able to double and triple-move on Roy. TE's nowadays are too good in that kind of space with time.

Roy's main problem has been that he's been trying to help Watkins, who seems to be in the right place but can't put the capper on the play.

Dallas has wasted way too many years trying to get by with retread veteran QBs. How many outstanding young 1st round QBs have gone by the board while Dallas has trotted in retread after retread?

Pull the trigger and draft a 1st round QB!!!! I don't think this coming year's crop of draft eligible QBs are as good as the last few years. They certainly are thin this year. Brady Quinn may be the best. Troy smith is not an NFL type QB in my opinion.

Those that think Roy needs to be moved to LB need to realize that to do that he would have to gain weight, and he does not have the body type to gain weight and still retain his speed, so if he was to get bigger he would lose the speed that would make him a great LB.

I agree some of the times it LOOKS like Roy is getting beat when he is actually trying to help someone else. Getting beat by Shockley is going to happen Shock is a pro bowl TE

what Dallas needs to do is quit having the two very good CB release the WR to the safeties. Most defenses find a way to hide a weakness, it seems at times allows the weakness to be exploited