Best fans

getusome

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tatum_DirtyBird

You can't really judge tail-gate parties... some fans just can't get off work early enough to make the tail-gates.

As far as the best fans, that's easy.. .the best fans are the ones who actually care enough to show up and watch the game rather than just catch the score on the radio or news.

Tatum, Troup, Gilmer to name probably the top 3 greatest fan bases.

Troup and Gilmer....no doubt some very awesome fans...esepecially troup..Tatum...:unsure:..best fan base...:rofl:...you got to be joking...Tatum probably has the worst fans..and thats if you want to call them fans...ask anyone sitting on the Troup side last Friday night..middle of the 3rd quarter a mass of green and white was already headed toward the exit...thats been the story of tatum "fans" for years..oh yea last year they were "Fans" but so would anybody if a team went undefeated...i dont care what team it is..or how bad they ####..you dont walk out on your team when they are only less than 2 touchdowns away from winning in the 3rd quarter...Tatum "fans" are bandwagon members..if Tatum wins..they love the team..if they lose or struggle..they point all toes and fingers at the team and coaches...You can ask any of the players of Tatum how they felt when they saw their "fans" leave before the game was over..I dont care who you are...if your a fan you'll stick with your team no matter what:smileybanger:

I have been to almost every Hallsville game in the last 40 years and I have only seen noticeably more fans on the opposite side a handfull of times, home or away.

Hallsville is a very small town (population 2500) We often travel to Nacogdoches, Marshall, Kilgore, Henderson and rival the crowd size on the road at towns several times our size.

Notice Mavchamp noted that at Marshall home games with Halllsville we fill em up.

And this is a football program with very little playoff success. Over the years it has been about a .500 W/L type program.

Originally posted by EverWatching

...how they felt when they saw their "fans" leave before the game was over...

Ouch!

I have a confession to make.

In the past, I have been guilty of the above infraction.

I have been seen heading toward the parking lot before the fat lady sang in order to "beat the traffic".

Sad but true.

This year, I found out that it's okay to actually walk on the field after the game, shake hands with the players (ALL of them) and say "Good game".

By the time I get through with that routine, the parking lot is empty.

I beat the traffic, (or it beat me). :D

About Tatum fans walking out early. I know a lot of the fans that left early in Troup. Most all of those same fans leave when we are winning too. Some of them have to work 6 days a week and other like to beat the traffic. Regardless, I hate seeing fans leave early winning or losing. You can't say that Tatum is the only team that has fans leave early.

About Tatum fans walking out early. I know a lot of the fans that left early in Troup. Most all of those same fans leave when we are winning too. Some of them have to work 6 days a week and other like to beat the traffic. Regardless, I hate seeing fans leave early winning or losing. You can't say that Tatum is the only team that has fans leave early.

You mean to tell me half the stands work 6 days a week??cmon now man. Grant it, yea some do leave when we are winning as well...but when we lose..have you been in the stands?? I have never heard so many "coach wannabes" in the stands saying the players #### and the coaches are terrible, and thwy should of ran this or passed to whoever:wacko:... I know the players and coaches, and fans wish for an undefeated season..but that cant ALWAYS happen..stand behind your team..not in front of it...Tatum people do come out and "support"..but I wouldnt call them fans...more like "critics":whistle:

not to sound like too much of a homer, but gilmer does have great fans. we travel very well. its kind of sad when we arrive at the stadium before the football team does. one of the best examples is from a couple of years ago when gilmer played celina in richardson. they may have 3-4000 people on celina's side and they probably had to drive 30-45 miles tops. here we come from gilmer and we pack out the home side with at least 7-8000 people. to me, that says alot about a teams fans.

Originally posted by GTownDesperado

This is an open and shut case..... LUFKIN PANTHERS....

The town shuts down during games! And this is not a town the size of Quitman or Carlisle, or any other small schools.... One of the biggest towns in East Texas is empty during Panther games!

It's part of life in Angelina County!

Did they ever build enough seating so that all of the Lufkin fans can sit on one side of the stadium?

You mean to tell me half the stands work 6 days a week??cmon now man. Grant it, yea some do leave when we are winning as well...but when we lose..have you been in the stands?? I have never heard so many "coach wannabes" in the stands saying the players #### and the coaches are terrible, and thwy should of ran this or passed to whoever:wacko:... I know the players and coaches, and fans wish for an undefeated season..but that cant ALWAYS happen..stand behind your team..not in front of it...Tatum people do come out and "support"..but I wouldnt call them fans...more like "critics":whistle:

OUTSTANDING!

You are so, so right, and it's been this way for, like, ever. Last season, Carthage played an incredible football game that Tatum won 21-20. After watching one of the best football games I've ever seen, all I heard was how horrible the coaching staff, with one middle-aged man yelling "Fire the Coach!" Tatum, Tatum, Tatum. Stop being so spoiled.

Originally posted by Mavchamp

No doubt that Tatum, Troup, and Gimer have great fan bases.

But have you seen Kilgore, Marshall, or Longview...... especially when they are on the road? These are teams that not only show up at home, but on the road too.

Longview can carry 10,000+ on the road without any problems. Not everytime, but I've seen them do it!

I've seen Marshall have 10,000+ before too (Vs. Ennis in 2004) but can routinely have 7-8,000 at playoff games.

Kilgore travels big too. They are one of only a few I've seen pack out the visitors side at our place (Longview and Hallsville are the only others).

I think East Tx has a lot of schools with great support. A lot better than some other schools in the state. But sadly....I've seen some schools with low fan support too.

But it is more fun to be part of something that's fun.....win or lose!

Are you kidding me? I went to the Longview-Lufkin game in Lufkin that was televised on FSN and there were hardly ANY fans from Longview...I was actually really disappointed!

Originally posted by Eizek

OUTSTANDING!

You are so, so right, and it's been this way for, like, ever. Last season, Carthage played an incredible football game that Tatum won 21-20. After watching one of the best football games I've ever seen, all I heard was how horrible the coaching staff, with one middle-aged man yelling "Fire the Coach!" Tatum, Tatum, Tatum. Stop being so spoiled.

At last someone agrees with me..tonight at the West Rsk-Tatum blowout...west Rusk...about 60 fans....no surprise...i mean West Rusk really didnt stnada chance...(tellsyu something abot the fans)....Tatums side...it was a home game...the stands were sold out at TROUP..at home after a loss..and i have never had so much sitting space in my life...more than half the stands were empty...yea the "fans" came out tonight!!!! I gurantee you though..theyll be back next week against Eleysian Fields...lets just hope that the Eagles pull out a win or their might b some type of melee that breaks out....Good job against WR, Eagles...I knew yall had it in yall.

Thats how tatum fans are...like the guy said about the carthage game...they were ready to fire the Coach Evans just for ALMOST losing to Carthage last year....just think..Tatum has won district championship alot in the last couple of years..its like tradition to go along with the playoff runs...Tatum has a shot to get atleast a 3-way tie with troup and eleysian fields..if they dont it puts their chances for a secure playoff spot and district title down the drain...Tatum critics would go ballistic if they lost to EF...When Sorenson didn't make the playoffs in 01...man...I was scared for the guy. Coach Evans is to great a coach to be put through that mess....I just wish Tatum people would grow up, stop being spoiled and actually become fans....the reason alot of people don't like Tatum is not because of the winning ways of the teams...its basically the spoiled fans in the crowd, that think they are to good to sit in 2A bleachers...

I just don't understand why those idiots that stand along the fences and yell about every call that doesn't go their way abd every play that doesn't work get personally angry at coaches. I've seen those same types of people from every school, and I truly think they believe people are impressed with how much they know. In reality, I would say about 90% or more of the fans are embarrassed to be around them and their loud mouths just confirm that they know very little about football and only pick a few things to gripe about....."tell them not to fumble, coach", "tell them to tackle coach" , put in number (take your pick), quit passing, quit running up the middle, etc. If they could see how people talk and laugh about them they might reconsider their actions. The people who really know football, the coaches, probably get a kick out of laughing at these dummies behind closed doors.

PEWITT FANS SEEM TO OUT NUMBER ALL OF THEIR OPONENTS IN THE STANDS EVEN AT AWAY GAMES. THEIR REALLY LOUD TOO. INTERESTING FACT, I WENT TO A HIGH SCHOOL GAME IN OKLAHOMA HERE WHILE BACK AND WE TEXAS FOLKS WERE JUST ABOUT THE ONLY ONES YELLING FOR THE TEAM. EVERYONE LOOKED AT US LIKE WE WERE CRAZY. WHO EVER HAS THE BEST FANS JUST BE GLAD THEY'RE IN TEXAS WHERE FOOTBALL IS IMPORTANT.:clap:

I can understand complaining about some bad calls from refs, but you should never bad mouth the coach. Don't get me wrong, some coaches shouldn't be on the field. The ones that bad mouth their players or don't teach any discipline whatsoever. Coach Evans is a great coach that deserves praise, not critisism.

Everwatching, are you critisizing all Tatum fans? I personally haven't been by any fans complaining about the coach, just the refs.