Razorbacks Running Wild

peterma

Hopefully in the John Hancock Bowl playing Yale.

But I will give em credit, they seem to have a pretty good team this year. You still have a tough row to hoe in the SEC.

I go to UA and the razorbacks have the best backfield in the nation right now. Mustain isn't making mistakes, but if he does they'll have a very very tough time. Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Michael Smith, and Peyton Hillis are the best running team I've ever seen in college football. Plus their special teams have been more than amazing these past few weeks.

Arkansas' running game is the best in the SEC, which makes it the best in the country since the SEC is without question the country's best conference. It's not the best I've ever seen ... I'd have to give that nod to Dickerson-James at SMU or some of the old Oklahoma wishbone teams of the 1970s and early 1980s. But McFadden-Jones is mighty good. Hogs have 3 very tough games remaining in South Carolina, Tennessee and LSU.

Arkansas is finely a good team...after all the pitiful Houston Nutt hype over the last few years. They are good and could win the Big 12 North this year (probably)...but they will lose to Tennessee and possibly LSU. Hey, Arkansas and most college fans would be very happy going 10-2 or 9-3 and going to a New Years Day Bowl. The question is will the Hogs be consistent and be good for several years or fall back. I would rather Arkansas be successful than Auburn or LSU.

Originally posted by peterma

I go to UA and the razorbacks have the best backfield in the nation right now. Mustain isn't making mistakes, but if he does they'll have a very very tough time. Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Michael Smith, and Peyton Hillis are the best running team I've ever seen in college football. Plus their special teams have been more than amazing these past few weeks.

This must be the Geoff Ketchum of Arkansas. Hate to break it to ya, but there not the best backfield in the SEC.

West Virginia has a better running game than Arkansas regardless of who they are playing.

They can do everything.

Personally I think the Razorbacks have a really good shot at getting to the SEC title game. Sure would be great if they made it there and found a way to beat Florida.

That would essentially knock Florida out of the national title picture and Auburn also since you can't play for a national title without winning your conference. Wonder where they would be if that scenario played out.

West Virginia is overrated.

SEC Rushing Offense

1. Arkansas 1552 -- 221.7 avg.

2. Auburn 1277 -- 159.6 avg.

3. LSU 1265 -- 158.1 avg.

4. Florida 1104 -- 157.7 avg.

5. Vanderbilt 1183 147.9 avg.

Hope this clears up which team has the SEC's best running game.

Individual Rushing Leaders

1. Darren McFadden 690 yards -- 98.6 avg.

5. Felix Jones 520 -- 74.3 avg.

No other team has two backs in the top 10

West Virginia's competition makes their rush game look weak so Arkansas might be better than them. I don't believe it, but the competition makes the argument weak.

One team that definitely is better than Arkansas after looking at the numbers is Clemson.

They average more yards per game, more yards per carry and have played a tougher schedule than Arkansas when it comes to rush defenses.

The average ranking of Clemson's opponents is 67.38. Arkansas' is 71.29. Clemson's opponents give up 151.78 yards a game compared to 146.84 for the Razorbacks'. However, Arkansas has played one D-1AA opponent (SE Missouri State) who ranks 96th in their division, while Clemson hasn't played any teams outside of 1-A.

Originally posted by lobo4life
Originally posted by Tiger80

No. 10 Clemson (7-2) lost to Virginia Tech 24-7, Thursday.

So much for Clemson.

Didn't Arkansas lose a game this year like 50-14? So much for Arkansas.

Theyve had a qb switch since then and they have been rolling ever since...the hogs look like a completely different team now then they did in game one

That's an excuse. They got drilled by 36 points. Are you really going to sit here and tell me that Mitch Mustain would have made up 36 points? That's ridiculous.

He bashes a team for losing by 17 on the road when his team lost by 36 at home to a USC team that can't blow any of the weak Pac 10 teams out. If their running game was so great shouldn't they have been able to run that game and not have to worry about who the QB was?

No..im saying he is alot more confident at qb than the razorbacks qb in game one and the team has confidence and trust in him...the razorbacks have a chemistry now and when a team is together like they are now they play better....there is no ONE player that comes up with points..it has to be a team effort...everyone on the team is part of the outcome...am i making any sense?

You make sense and I agree. I was just responding to the post that said that Clemson wasn't as good as Arkansas because of one loss.

Would the game be closer right now? Probably. Would Arkansas win? Maybe. But the fact remains that they got blown out B-A-D at home to a team that isn't nearly as good as the USC teams of old.

hmm..that would be a good matchup to see...Clemson and Arkansas...i think both teams are very good and yea they have both lost one game...losing is part of the game, it just happens...Arkansas lost bigtime and regrouped, made some adjustments and started rollin...i think Clemson does the same...they hit the film and see where they went wrong, make some adjustments and i think they keep on rollin...but to say that one team is better than the other is stupid...the only way to tell which team is better is to have them play against each other....i bet none of you thought Oklahoma State was better than Nebraska til State showed them up today...stats and rankings mean nothing at all when your out on the field

I'm not saying Clemson is better. I was just saying that I think their running game is better.

And earlier in the thread I put up stats to prove it.

That's all I was attempting to say. This thread has just spiraled out of control from there.

With traveling to South Carolina, and hosting both LSU and Tennessee at home in November, the Razorbacks will have a tough road to the SEC Championship game.

However, the good news for them is that Auburn is in 2nd with 1 loss .. and Arkansas beat them. So Arkansas would have to lose 2 of their remaining four games (including the game against LSU) to be denied the Championship game. I'll take their odds to be there.