New LSR Top 100

lobo4life

Originally posted by LJLPOP10

Don't remind me. Not to mention EJ and Britt were too.

And Josh Marshall was the son of an A&M football player.

Deon Beasley is another who was close to Kerry Franks and said to prefer A&M.

Keep Fran!!!! ;)

Josh Marshall? Never had an offer from A&M and there wasn't much interest in offering him.

I never said Texas didn't have a class that is supremely superior to the Ags, this was about the joke knows at Ketchum. His arrogance and ignorance in his rankings is amazing. I posted just some examples and you haven't been able to point out the flaws in any of them.

-Derrick Stephens is at #34 in the state. Kennan Robinson is #5. One of these guys is in the Rivals Top 100. One is not.

Ketch has said that he just doesn't like Stephens' skill set when it comes to the college game. That's his opinion. He's seen him play, I haven't. Robinson IS the best LB in the state this year and that has already been acknowledged by the Rivals national writers on their board since the last 100 was released. When the 100 is updated Robinson will be in it and ranked higher than Stephens. Has Stephens had a game like Robinson's last one?

-I like this comment about Jarrett Lee..."This LSU commitment does everything very well. Has a chance to be the quarterback that Ryan Perrilloux has yet to become."

What exactly has Perriloser done since he's been at LSU? Sit the bench and whine about not playing. Jarrett Lee is bigtime and since he won't have to worry about guys like Russell and Flynn in front of him he'll probably be able to get on the field quicker. At this point Perriloser hasn't become anything that LSU fans expected him. Part of that is because Russell is so good and part is because he just wasn't as good as people thought he'd be coming in.

-A little shot at Bradley Stephens while we're at it..."The stats are mind blowing, but it's hard to get past the level of competition. It'll be interesting to see if Stephens can make believers out of everyone this season."

The competition in the valley is weak. That's a fact. It's hard for Stephens to prove anything because of where he plays. He could run for 3,000 yards this year and people would still question him. That's going to be an issue for him until he starts seeing the field at A&M.

-An unnecessary shot at Jospeh Reese..."Reese has not had a great season and there are questions about whether or not he's a better athlete than football player."

Once again, I'm not sure where the issue is. Ketch has seen Reese play since he's a local kid. Nobody knows if he's going to be anything more than just a speed guy. That's one issue the Texas staff had with him.

-Here is the comment on his #1 TE prospect, Ahmar Howard..."As far as physical skills are concerned, Howard has them all. He's a big, athletic, physical player that can stretch the field vertically as a receiver. A big senior year could send his stock soaring even higher on the national level."

**Footnote: Howard has THREE total receptions in seven games.

As a TE Howard is ranked too high. Physically he's as good as any player in the state. He also has to deal with the absurd talent all over the field at Brenham, not to mention the fact that he's playing a lot of DE and playing that position VERY well. Probably should be listed as an ATH instead of a TE right now.

-At 5'10, 225 Cody Johnson is referred to as a "big back." At 6'1, 234 Quentin Castille is referred to as a "fullback."

Can't say much here except that Gerry Hamilton has watch Johnson play a couple of times and has mentioned each time that Johnson is a TB all the way. Don't know about Castille and don't really care to be honest.

-It seems as if injuries play a factor into the rankings. Here's what he has to say about Kendall Hunter in a list updated TODAY..."If not for an ACL injury midway through his junior season, this kid would be coveted by every school in the nation. If he can return to his pre-injury form this season... watch out!"

-Now let's see what he has to say about his #8 ranked prospect, Ben Wells. Wells has not played the last 4 weeks and is out for the season..."A season-ending injury doesn't keep the state's top pure corner out of the top ten."

**Footnote: Hunter has bounced back just fine this season, rushing for 858 yards on 113 carries and having 21 receptions for 298 yards. Well, meanwhile, is still injured.

Hunter moved up the rankings from last month.

Wells was having a big time season before his injury. Name a better CB prospect in the state than Wells, injured or not. And I believe Wells' injury is a broken bone, which is a little easier to recover from than a torn ACL. But I'm not a doctor.

-His highest rated running bakc is Justin Sturns of Rusk. Lennon Crrer is the next back on the list. Here are the comments about Creer..."The state's most complete back, but the lack of big-time speed has caused his stock to drop a little."

**Footnote: Creer is listed as running a 4.47. Sturns is listed at 4.5. Creer is bigger than Sturns. Cody Johnson, one spot below Creer, for some reason does not have a forty time listed. Its odd that such a top prospect would be missing a forty time.

Not sure about this. Sturns has been blowing teams up this year. Maybe he's not consistent with his statements, but I wouldn't take the 40 times that are reported with a grain of salt. Most times on Rivals are self reported by either the coaches or the players themselves. How many of those do you believe are accurate? I personally don't think there's much difference between Sturns and Creer.

-Apparently A&M can do not better than a commitment from the #27 player in state. Brandon Williams is the Ags' highest rated commit.

Sure can't. Fran and his recruitment of Metellus really ticked Mack off and he's been taking it out on the ags ever since. You guys better hope you win next year at Kyle because after that it could be another decade before you sniff a victory with the absolute smashing that you're receiving in recruiting from Mack.

My question to you is how many of these kids have you personally seen play? How many times have you seen them play? Seeing a guy one time really doesn't prove anything.

Ketch's rankings are done with him and he also gets help from Gerry Hamilton who travels throughout the state watching players and giving scouting reports. He not only watches game, but he watches practices, films, speaks to coaches and does his homework. Heck, most of the info on the Aggy commits has come from Gerry. And GH is definitely not someone you could call biased.

Originally posted by ericndenton

Josh Marshall? Never had an offer from A&M and there wasn't much interest in offering him.

So Fran offers kids he wants and doesn't want? That makes a lot of sense.

No wonder he's so bad at recruiting.

Marshall was never offered by A&M as there wasn't much interest in him from the staff.

2a football is not the same level as 5A, I don't care what part of the state. To knock one and not the other tells you about the evaluation.

I have seen probably most of the top players in the state from either games, 7 on 7, camps, spring practices, scrimmages, etc. Ketch have admitted in the past that he ranks many players without ever seeing them.

Last night Bradley Stephens went for 296 with five TD's as well as a 58 yard screen pass for a TD.... in one half. I don't care who you're playing, that is amazing.

It's a shame we can't see him play against some real competition like Sam Acho is in Arlington.

Sturns ran a hand-clocked 4.30 forty this year in school so I give a a legit 4.4...he's got the burners...and is totally deserving of a #15 spot. But grades will affect him.

Baseball...hasnt played in two years...been released from the team both years...and played right field (not center)...not that it matters much.