Oklahoma vs. Mizzou

CoachBird2

I'm the only one in my office who is picking Missouri in this one. Though I am only doing so begrudgingly.

The OU secondary is just too shaky and Daniel is having an excellent season. Despite a noble effort, especially on the parts of Patrick and Thompson, I predict the Tigers win by at least 10.

Originally posted by lobo4life

Missouri has really only played one good team and they lost.

They are bigger frauds than Notre Dame.

I think OU wins despite their defense not being as good as usual and AD being out.

Just wondering who this one good team you speak of is?

OU is kicking Missou's behind right now.

Forced two turnovers and just blocked a punt for a safety. Missou can't handle OU's balance.

I think they may be better without AD because they are becoming a team-oriented offense. You never know what they are going to do anymore.

Originally posted by UnknownLegend

I'm the only one in my office who is picking Missouri in this one. Though I am only doing so begrudgingly.

The OU secondary is just too shaky and Daniel is having an excellent season. Despite a noble effort, especially on the parts of Patrick and Thompson, I predict the Tigers win by at least 10.

I am glad to be wrong. :happy65:

...my relief at getting the "W" notwithstanding, I still think the Offense looked a bit sluggish against what appears to be only a so-so Defense. Sure, Patrick had another 150-yard game, but it took him another 30-something carries to get it AND he put the ball on the ground. Grrrr!

I liked the fact that the OU Secondary actually showed up, but the lack of a Mizzou running game meant that the DBs could just hang out all day.

Overall, 'twas a decent performance against an over-rated opponent. Nothing to really celebrate. A&M in College Station will be a much tougher venue than was Columbia.

This game went exactly as I expected.

And A&M is the only good team Missouri has played. A&M isn't as good as their record shows, but they are a good football team. Anyone who can run the ball as well as they can is good.