Grace Wins 6 in a row!

cougar

he's not hating

maddox is good but the reason for the wins is the schedule. There are no oakwoods and fruitvales in their tapps district. the kids are playing hard enjoy the season and look forward to the future....but recognize WHO your playing!

;)

Oh lionfan and coachb, you both truly underestimate how well the Cougars are playing. Does it mean they could beat TKG..nope...be competitive with TKG? I think maybe. There are some weak teams on the schedule but lets put one thing to rest, these guys are playing well and earning every victory in only their second year. So please stop using the schedule as a crutch to underestimate what a great season the Cougars are having.

Without Maddox the Cougars would be 2-6...no doubt. they would have lost to alba, brookhill, frisco, and parish, plus thier two other losses. Parish is in thier TAPPS district, which says that Grace should be able to compete within the next few years. vs Parish: Gorman- 52-7 Grace- 27-17, clearly Gorman is better, but remember...this is Grace's second year at the sport!

It is very nice to see good things happening for the Grace team. It is true, the Oakwood and Fruitvale games were not anything to get excited about. But Grace has made marked improvement from last year to this year. Part of that is experience and a larger part is the coaching. Coach Maddox and his assistants have the team ready to go each week and, I believe, made the difference in the Alba, Brook Hill and Parish games. Good things are ahead for the Grace program. Congratulations to the Cougars on a great season! Now finish well with one last victory this Friday!

1 last time 4 you kids and dads that need modifications....

yes the grace team is better no question.

one of the main reasons you get better is because of execution...

it's easier to execute against teams that aren't as good.

parrish isn't any good,

i agree with you coaching made the difference in the brookhill game...and the fact that the bh best defensive player didn't play helped a bunch 2

alba bad

oakwood bad

fruitvale bad

frisco bad

it's alright to be happy with success....but 90% of the improvement is because o fthe schedule and the kids being a year older...not the Coaching!

C'mon lionfan, admit it. You won't give Coach Maddox and his staff props even though you know it's tru-man. I don't recall last year's schedule being loaded with a bunch of powerhouses either. All us dads and kids do appreciate you explaining the finer points of football to us though. :notworthy:

actually i called the defense against coach m in the quarterfinals.great game in front of 10k. have alot of respect for him just trying to point out to you that your son playing better and the schedule being easier are the Main reasons for the wins....NOT the coaching

of course ure kid probably can't play a lick if I had to guess......

:tongue:

Gotta love lionfan coming here raining on everyones parade. Im thinking according to lionfan if you have a weak scedule your not really that good. So he will prolly say that Gilmer is only good cause they have a weak scedule.

Hey thanks lionfan for informing us that a win isnt always a win if you play someone weak.

Again thanks for the self esteem booster and makeing kids feel less about there turn around season. Im sure your a great example to us all.

Originally posted by itsallheart

Gotta love lionfan coming here raining on everyones parade. Im thinking according to lionfan if you have a weak scedule your not really that good. So he will prolly say that Gilmer is only good cause they have a weak scedule.

Hey thanks lionfan for informing us that a win isnt always a win if you play someone weak.

Again thanks for the self esteem booster and makeing kids feel less about there turn around season. Im sure your a great example to us all.

I kinda agree with him in a way. No Doubt that Coach Maddox has made a big difference in the play of the team. However BrookHill is also doing real well and will easily win district but we do not brag because we realize what a weak district it is. If we win a playoff game it might be different. Anyway congrats to Grace regardless of who you played, you still beat them and us. Good Luck!

66, I fail to see how saying congrats to the coaches and players at Grace can be considered bragging. I'm pretty sure the Grace team realizes they aren't ready to be competitive with the TKG's & Prestonwoods. How many years have those programs been playing? But they've had a pretty darned good year, this being only year two of football for them. And lionfan, of course you're right, none of the kids at Grace can play a lick, they just play sorry teams. And one last thing, is the game you called D against Coach M that you referred to the one where Gilmer scored 58?

Originally posted by gc777

Lol Brookhill Hasnt played anyone either and there district is less than weak. I'd like to see brook hill come up to the 5a level and play the teams Gorman and soon Grace will have to be playing. :thumbsup: And if it wasnt for there recruiting they wouldnt be able to compete even in that weak district there in right now.

POST YOUR PROOF or shut the heck up. It could come back to haunt you considering someone might know something about a certain Grace player. As far as us playing 5A. We have 400 students Grace 800. We do not have a JV, Grace does. We start 7 freshmen, Grace? We had the Gonads to enter Tapps!

Like I said, POST YOUR PROOF!!!!!!!

We have showed repect to Grace and visa versa....Until now!

Im sure all the other Grace posters on here are real proud of you. Our coach disiplined BH kids that posted trash on here. Maybe yours should do the same.

OK, I don't understand the "recruitment" argument among private schools. I do not have a problem with a student athlete being attracted to a certain school because of the facilities, coaches and/or the whole atmosphere of the school as opposed to most of our public schools. I don't consider that recruiting but rather good old fashioned supply and demand based competition. So if Grace or Brook Hill or any of the private schools can attract kids with what they have to offer, I say more power to them. As a matter of fact, I wish the Texas lawmakers would allow the voucher system to go into effect so more parents would able to send their kids to a private school if they want.