UNION GROVE V HARLETON

FlowJack

Originally posted by TheNatureBoy16times

Harleton will beat Union Grove. As shocked as I am that Harleton beat Jefferson and that Union Grove has one district loss, I think Harleton will dismantle Union Grove by 40+.

Watched Big Sandy play both teams and was impressed with both. So I don't think Harleton will run all over Union Grove. Although Harleton is a very good team, Union Grove is a well disipline team and can hit so Harleton better bring their A game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fumble was a bad call at the ug/big sandy game.....but the past is past all that matters is ug is tied with big sandy and jefferson for 3rd and are playing harleton for what could be a district championship and if they pull off the up set then it will cause some havoc in 18 2A....look at some other districts like 12 4A and 19 2A those districts are all messed up....could be the same for this one

UG couldn't beat Big Sandy, and Big Sandy lost to Harleton..............

oh and you cant go on what happen one night to say who will beat who if that is so then new diana beat winona i think 48-6 or something like that and ug only won by a touchdown so diana should have won right? just because UG lost to big sandy and big sandy lost to harleton doesnt mean nething

'tackle74, sometimes I wish it did come down to who wanted it more, but this is not that time. Reduced turnovers and being fundamentally sound (tackling and blocking) will win the day. Never seen tha 'grove but Harleton is all that and More(ow). GET IT!!

If Harleton comes ready to play then they win easily. If they dont then it could be a close game. U. G. running back is good b ut i just cant see them beating Harleton unless Harleton really plays bad. Union Grove needs help to make the playoffs the way i see it. unless BIG SANDY looses to Ore CITY they are out. Unless they beat Harleton and Jefferson which will be hard to do. But good luck in your next two games. P.S. The fumble was on our side of the field and it looked like a good call to us.

the "fumble" was not a fumble from what i understand the a ref blew the play dead....all the players even ones from big sandy thought the play was over....idk what happen but thats 2A refs for ya.....and no they dont need help getting in the playoffs.....from wat the coach told me they control what happens, but they have to win this friday

i do not not see harleton losing this game even after an emotional win against jefferson. not only will the coach have the team ready to play the senior leadership on this team will have them ready for their last home game.this senior class is 40-7 with only one home loss in four years.i do not see loss number two coming this week.

Originally posted by koolaid85

the kid who ran it back even thought it was dead, but he picked it up and ran it back anyways.....and i dont know if you were closer than me but some how i doubt it

Big Sandy was playing at the Grove and what I have seen in East Texas especially 2A since I moved here 10 years ago that Home does get the calls more than not. I saw some calls that I thought should have gone BS's way but that aside. I always tell my son go out and beat them so the ref's can't make a difference. I know it is frustrating when you think there is a bad call (been there) but almost every game I have seen has had those moments and sometimes many of those moments.

i'm going with Harleton on this game. while the boys are excited about beating the #1 ranked team in the state, they aren't going to let that hurt their chances for district champions. coach a will have them ready and the seniors will be ready to play on Senior Recognintion Night. this will be an exciting game, but I think Harleton will come ready to play, and win.

Go Cats! :w00t:

Originally posted by 60isabeast
Originally posted by Blitz

All you need to do to beat UG is just put 10 in the box and cover each gap. They have no passing threat. They will see some speed this week, that they haven't seen in awhile.

Teams may have tried in the past weeks, but they have not seen team speed they are going to see against Harleton and Jefferson.

Originally posted by 60isabeast

All you need to do to beat UG is just put 10 in the box and cover each gap. They have no passing threat. They will see some speed this week, that they haven't seen in awhile.

Teams may have tried in the past weeks, but they have not seen team speed they are going to see against Harleton and Jefferson.

Seen Harleton and they do have speed but Union Grove has played Big Sandy and played them well and you may disagree but Big Sandy has (in my humble opinion) just as much speed at the skilled positions offensively as does Harleton. That is how Big Sandy put up 30 pts against Harleton don't count out Union Grove just yet.

Coach A does not allow his players to get caught up in their own hype, and trust me I know first hand! Harleton will come to play mentally focused, if they dont turn over the ball and keep playing like they can, they should win it base on what I have heard.

Originally posted by hookem69

union grove gets beat by BECKVILLE....no way they could knock off a team that beats jefferson???

That was 8 weeks ago. This is not the same Union Grove team that played Beckville. Only a fool draws on something that happened 8 weeks ago.