***David Smoak's East Texas Top 10's (Saturday, October 28th)***

Smoaky

I do not disagree with the polls, where you are at the end of the year is all that matters. Carlisle had a great football team, and Joa and Ten better not take them lightly. They have good team speed and Rocky has them playing almost clean football. Just wanted everyone to know with the last comment that more went into the Teneha game that most see that are not close to the Beckville football program. And we agree Coach Hubbard is a great Coach and Ballenger and the other asst's aren't slouches, Beckville is poised to do what hasn't been done here since Little. Thanks for your comments, this is a great thing going on here, I have been reading it for years and just started commenting

I agree with Smoaky--2-A is a mess. Good, consistent reasoning in the rankings, though. Glad to see Harleton in there

I think it's anybody's guess as to who ultimately comes out on top.

Kind of funny to me that Pewitt was supposed to be down and finish way back in the pack and are now the last of the undefeated teams.

Smoaky may be you can help out......

See what you can do with getting more publicity on the NB/PP game. In my opinion that should be the game of the week on all the HSFBALL polls/shows. This 17-2a race has not gotten the publicity from the Louisiana based news stations, not that it matters, but most of NE Texas/E Texas football programs seem to be getting nothing. Just my opinion on the whole situation, i just think these teams should be getting more recognition Holla back with you opinion.

Thanks

Smoaky, I would like to formally request that Tenaha be removed from the poll altogether. We are currently 6-2, but apparently haven't won any game where the opponent wasn't injured, absent, stuck in traffic, lost their homework, distracted by Saturdays, field was muddy, lights were in my eyes, caught in a hurricane and tornado, involved in a elaborate ATF drug scandal, suspended, ruled eligible or ineligible, or otherwise simply wasn't outplayed. If you remove us from the poll it should clear it all up pretty easy. Thanks, Smoak and continued fun with Class A. Just remember, if it ain't fun, it's funny.

Originally posted by hookem69

doesn't matter...this is his opinion..and we all know that beckville could beat joaquin and tenaha both....so why argue about it????

Why must you say stupid things like that???

People like YOU, saying things LIKE THAT, make beckville look bad.

Tenaha won fair and square. And nobody disputed that Beckville beat Joaquin physically.

Originally posted by allbig8

Smoaky, I would like to formally request that Tenaha be removed from the poll altogether. We are currently 6-2, but apparently haven't won any game where the opponent wasn't injured, absent, stuck in traffic, lost their homework, distracted by Saturdays, field was muddy, lights were in my eyes, caught in a hurricane and tornado, involved in a elaborate ATF drug scandal, suspended, ruled eligible or ineligible, or otherwise simply wasn't outplayed. If you remove us from the poll it should clear it all up pretty easy. Thanks, Smoak and continued fun with Class A. Just remember, if it ain't fun, it's funny.

:ugh::w00t::w00t::w00t::tongue: that's classic!

Tenaha is definately a strong team. Look forward to seeing Beckville - Tenaha in the regional final.

Originally posted by Smoaky

Class 5-A:

1. Lufkin (8-0)(Beat The Woodlands 31-7)

2. Longview (6-2)(Beat John Tyler 28-21)

3. John Tyler (3-5)(Lost to Longview 28-21)

4. Mesquite (6-2)(Beat Mesquite Horn 42-12)

5. Tyler Lee (6-2)(Beat North Mesquite 17-14)

6. North Mesquite (4-4)(Lost to Tyler Lee 17-14)

7. Mesquite Horn (1-7)(Lost to Mesquite 42-12)

Who has 3-5 John Tyler beaten and been beat by to have them #3 in this poll?

Cougar4Life,

Thanks for asking...

#3's-5 in Class 5-A (JT, Mesquite, and Tyler Lee) can go in any order---but...since you asked:

John Tyler's Wins (3) are against---

*Previously-unbeaten and #1 4A Copperas Cove (7-1)

*@ Mesquite (6-2)

*Mesquite Horn (1-7)

Their five losses are against the following---

*8-0 #1 4A Texas High

*7-1 Plano East

*6-2 Longview

*6-2 Dallas Carter

*5-3 Desoto