Harleton 12 Jefferson 7

wildforthecats

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by GoBigBlue

Don't ever bet against "DA". He didn't get that many wins for nothing. Great job coach!

I agree!! People underestimated him and his team!! Now maybe they'll be took seriously!! There was no luck in this game...it was all talent and coaching!! Way 2 go cats and coach A and ALL the other cat coaches!!

Originally posted by soonermajic

Where did Harleton's coach come from & how did he do at that school?

Dennis Alexander has had success anywhere you can find 22 boys. He's one of the Top 5 winningest active HS football coaches in the state! I'd venture to guess he's solidly in the Top 10 of all time in the state. He's inching up on 300 wins, he'll reach that milestone next year for certain.

But to me, from my unique prospective, he's not just a great coach, he's a great person. Old school for sure, but extremely personable, funny and an all around great guy to talk to. Mix up a great person with a great coach and you get someone kids will listen to and trust.

Originally posted by Schooner

Congratulations Harleton, I was not suprised. I guess some people might now realize that 1A football is quality football. Next week Jefferson will have to face another "lowly" previous 1A Team.

I agree completely Schooner.

What really surprised me the most is how we really dominated the line of scrimmage against Jefferson.

My son told me that his guy was big but he had no problem benching him. Were they soft? His guy out weighed him at least 50 lbs. and was no match for his quickness. When they doubled him it just left somebody else to make the tackle. Danged if you do and danged if you don't.

i couldnt believe that jefferson's fans began to leave before the game was even over.

i must say that is one thing i love and admire about wildcat fans.

they are always there through thick and thin.

no one left early even in the winnsborro game, which was not a close one.

i appreciate you harleton fans, and im sure the boys do too.

Originally posted by softballman

What is good about Harleton beating Troup, Winnsboro SPANKED Harleton in non-district play... so is Winnsboro THAT good this year.??:getlost:

Harleton appeared flat that night, but I don't think it would have mattered. Winnsboro is well disciplined and QUICK!

Originally posted by FlowJack
Originally posted by softballman

What is good about Harleton beating Troup, Winnsboro SPANKED Harleton in non-district play... so is Winnsboro THAT good this year.??:getlost:

Harleton appeared flat that night, but I don't think it would have mattered. Winnsboro is well disciplined and QUICK!

We are a much improved defensive team from the Winnsboro game.

Winnsboro is good no doubt.

"We are a much improved defensive team from the Winnsboro game. Winnsboro is good no doubt. "

Harleton is vastly improved on defense. I really thought Jefferson would post up about 40, but was I wrong! Keep your heads against UG and you should have no trouble this week.