USC 31...Oregon State 33 [FINAL]

Aggie2008

The most overrated team in the country has finally (and thankfully) met its match today against OSU.

They aren't coming back from this one...at least I hope not.

30-10 OSU with 8 minutes left in the third.

I hope they drop like a stone in the polls...too bad the starstruck media will still probably leave them in the top 10.

SC just fumbled it back to OSU...gotta love it. 7:30 left in the third deep in SC territory.

Turn the turnover into a field goal...33-10 OSU...and I'm dancing in my living room!

USC has been overrated and overhyped by ESPN and the national media all season, and didn't even win the national championship three years ago (even though ESPN claims they did).

I hope OSU puts up half a hundred on the pampered pretty boys.

I love how you guys hate on USC when if you're team was in its position you would be bragging your tails off on this site, and talking about how great your football program is, etc etc. I'm not disagreeing that they weren't over-rated this year but ask the UT team last year, and I'm sure they'll tell you that they didn't play like "pampered pretty boys"----

I can't help but hate a team that the national media is so blindly in love with.

Ohio State is a good team, West Virginia is a good team, USC is an average team that has gotten lucky down the stretch of almost every game they've played. (so has A&M, by the way)

I'm tired of everyone (especially the poll voters) giving them the benefit of the doubt. I'm upset that Reggie Bush was flat-out payed to play football at USC and ESPN all of the sudden 'forgot' about the issue a week after it came to light.

And most of all, I'm tired of the national media claiming day-in and day-out that they won the national championship in 2003. LSU has gotten NOTHING from the media in terms of praise or hype coming out of that championship win. Imagine how it would feel to be a player for LSU and having to argue with people that think USC won the title that year. Pitiful.

They get publicity because they are in the L.A. media market and ESPN wants to keep that many people watching, so they treat USC and all their players like Gods. I'm tired of it.

Go OSU!

Originally posted by Aggie2008

I'm upset that Reggie Bush was flat-out payed to play football at USC and ESPN all of the sudden 'forgot' about the issue a week after it came to light.

The allegations are the Reggie Bush received improper benefits from a Sports agent trying to secure Bush to his firm....Show me an article where the NCAA, USC, or PAC 10 has published that states that Bush was paid by a booster or anyone affiliated with USC to play for USC....

I don't eat crow.

USC has proved my point already by getting down that much in the first place. Good teams don't do that. I hope they lose, but even if they don't they should drop in the polls.

So a team that is down 33-10 and comes back to win(hypothetically) isn't good? I think coming back from that far down is a sign of a good team---

"The allegations are the Reggie Bush received improper benefits from a Sports agent trying to secure Bush to his firm"

I believe that equals being paid. I never said USC did it, but they sure as heck had to know about it.

I don't doubt for a second that the agent paid him---but you can't pin that on USC, and if USC knew about it, they would have done something because now they're looking at a possibility of probabtion among other things---but USC didn't pay him to play for them---there is no evidence that suggests that, and thats my point....

Originally posted by Seminole44

I don't eat crow.

USC has proved my point already by getting down that much in the first place. Good teams don't do that. I hope they lose, but even if they don't they should drop in the polls.

So a team that is down 33-10 and comes back to win(hypothetically) isn't good? I think coming back from that far down is a sign of a good team---

I agree with seminole. Some of the signs of a good team are being able to fight through adversity when things aren't going your way. I'm not a huge USC fan, but it's not like they ask for all the media attention. They can't help that the press adores them.