Alba-Golden vs Como

1team

at the beginning of the year, i thought AG would for sure have a district win against como.

but after seeing AG play the way they did against GS...i'm not so sure anymore.

and...the fact that quitman shut AG out, and Como scored 12 against them scares me as well.

whats the stats on como...who have they lost to and what were the scores?

I am going with Alba by 14 in this one, but I don't feel as confident about them winning this game as I did before last week against Grand Saline. Last weeks game vs. GS made me absolutely sick. The defensive efforts were terrible with more arm tackles than I have seen all year in any game, the offense and defensive lines were almost non-existent. To win this game they are going to have to wrap up and have better pursuit to the ball or they are going to find themselves in a position where they are losing this game. I haven't seen Como play this year, but I am thinking this is the best chance Alba has ever had at beating Como-Pickton. I don't think they have ever beat this team in the school's football history. I saw some improvements from the QB last week, but the line is restricting his play. The QB doesnt have blazing speed to be a mobile runner, but he doesn't have a line to keep him from having to be constantly on the run. I wouldn't even take a chance running the RB up the middle anymore with the line playing the way it is, just pitch him the ball and hope he beats everyone to the corner. Good Luck to the Panthers, this much needed district win will be the first building block of this program to continue success.

That was the last district game won by Alba, wouldn't call it a major upset, Alba lost to edgewood by 3 at the last minute that year, lost an overtime battle with hawkins, lost to wolfe city by 1, i think, alba very well could have won 5 or 6 games that year. The year before in 2000 they almost beat GS, but missed a field goal in the 4th. It would be nice to see Alba break the district play drought this year, if they dont shoot themselves in the foot, they have a great chance.

Originally posted by TheNatureBoy16times

I am going to with the Panthers beating the Eagles by a score of 21 to 12. For all you AG fans, was the panthers playing better earlier in the year against Cumby, Grace, Crossroads, etc or is the district competition just that tough? I am not trying to rag on anyone, I am just curious about the district.

i believe its just tougher competition... i mean those games at the beginning of the year were to just help build the team up and work on things... so they are still doing just that... it takes time

Judging by their games against Winnsboro:

AG moved the ball at times and played very hard

Como had virtually no offense against Winnsboro

Winnsboro moved the ball at will against both.

AG will have success moving ball against Como

Prediction: Alba Golden 28 Como-Pickton 7

In regards to the question of when was the last time AG won a district game it was in 2001 against Grand Saline. 7-6. The Darkest day in the history of Grand Saline football no doubt, but that year Alba was not really half bad i think they went 4-6 that year something like that, plus Alba just wanted that game bad.