Will Dallas make the playoffs?

I thought Romo played really well last night. But I looked at the remaining schedule this morning and still don't think Dallas is any better than 10-6. Assuming they win the next 2 on the road, they have Indy at home the week before Thanksgiving. They are at 6-4 at that point. Then they still have--Philly, NY, New Orleans, and Atlanta. Assume they split these 4. 8-6. Then they have mop up with Detroit, and should beat Tampa. 10-6. Maybe a wild card. If they slip up and lose just one game they should win= 9-6 and home again.

Guest texpal22

if they play like they did last night they will make the playoffs. if they can win the games they are suppose to and maybe pull out a couple more they could win the division. the Giants have a very tough schedule

If Dallas wins the next two road games against Washington and Arizona, that'll put them at 6-3, with 5 of the next 7 games at home.

That happens .... then I think they'll make the playoffs. And the thing is .... those next two games are VERY winnable.

Nooooooooooo.... change your post TJC, you may have just jinxed Da Boys... lol ( but I'm serious )

Seriously though, Arizona has a better chance of beatin the Cowboys... ya know, losing games they should win, winning games they should lose... know what I mean?

I think Dallas will be fine on their next 2 road games. If they can win the next two on the road, I think the defense will have some momentum going into the Indy game. Argue if you want, but Dallas can beat Indy. Even if Indy wins, we should be at 6-4 going into Thanksgivin day. I don't see TB beatin Dallas....

10-6 is very reasonable ..... WE ARE PLAYOFF BOUND

I'm not too sure about them beating the Colts, but I think that they will beat the Giants and the Eagles in their rematches.

Let's see what progress that Romo makes from the Panther game through the Arizona game .... that's two more games with him starting.

I think Dallas can beat the Colts. Indy's defense don't impress me. Don't look for Indy to put up a whole bunch of points against Dallas' impressive D. The only way Indy can win is to put up loads of points and it's still close. Indy vs. Dallas is a different story. I don't see Dallas giving up too many.

Originally posted by UG_Sooner

I see where your coming from, but their inability to capitalize in blow off games and their way of not showing up in big games is what makes me doubt.

This year the Boys are beating all the teams they SHOULD beat and until Carollina could not win the games that could go either way.

The next two games are VITAL they should win both, but wont be easy. The Indy game has Dallas upset written all over it because Indy cannot stop the run.

I am still not ready to say the Saints are the real deal Baltimore exposed alot of their problems.

Atlanta is still an up and down team.

I think Dallas has a chance in every game from here on out and a good chance of winning 7 of the 9 with Indy and the Giants being the only games I can say right now they might lose.

I would say they need to win 3 out of the next 4 in order to make a serious run at the playoffs. The good thing about the Colts game is Romo has a chance to nab 3 road victories to start his career. That would have to be a huge boost to this teams confidence going into that showdown with Peyton. The thing is though there are plenty of pitfalls that this team can fall into along the way. Like the fact they are playing Washington, down or not, its in there house on the road and its Redskins Cowboys. Then you have to avoid looking ahead to Indy the next week vs Arizona, that did have Chicago on the ropes(THEY ARE WHAT WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!). The Indy game speaks for itself. Then possibly a trap game (or if they lose to Indy a hang over game) on a short week vs Tampa. Thats life in the NFL though its never easy even if it looks that way. But, like Tuna says its stretches like this that the games tell you who you are...

Something else to think about. The line is used to Bledsoe being in the backfield. They need to get used to Romo scrambling around. With a little more time together, the line can kind of anticipate what Romo might be doing in the back field and make some better blocks for him..... my wording might not be the best on this post, but I hope ya'll get the point.

Originally posted by Tatum_DirtyBird

Nooooooooooo.... change your post TJC, you may have just jinxed Da Boys... lol ( but I'm serious )

Seriously though, Arizona has a better chance of beatin the Cowboys... ya know, losing games they should win, winning games they should lose... know what I mean?

I think Dallas will be fine on their next 2 road games. If they can win the next two on the road, I think the defense will have some momentum going into the Indy game. Argue if you want, but Dallas can beat Indy. Even if Indy wins, we should be at 6-4 going into Thanksgivin day. I don't see TB beatin Dallas....

10-6 is very reasonable ..... WE ARE PLAYOFF BOUND

I agree with you on that one. In fact, when my buddies and I wrote out our predictions for the remaining sched. I have them holding serve and finishing 10-6. The Indianapolis /Giants games are the two I have them losing but could win. The Tampa Bay game is a "should win", however I wouldn' t be surprised if they beat Indy / New York and lose an easy one to the Bucs.