Longest Playoff Drought....???

dugtyjerry

Originally posted by BACKWOODS

BlessedDaily, I am no math wizard, but something doesn't add up. In the Smoaky Historical section, it says that Maud went 4-6-1 in 1994. If they played 11 games, they must have made the playoffs that year. Still 12 years is a long time, congrats on the accomplishment.

You could be correct. That's just what the folks around here were telling us. We are all new here and don't know the history or records.

Thanks for all the kind words..Coach Finney and his football staff, as well as the kids who bought into his system, deserve ALL the credit...I am just the "get back" coach and encourager...my season is still to come...but I love football and do what little I can to help...The kids here are absolutely the hardest working kids I have ever been around....we, as a staff, are blessed to be able to work with them...Good luck to all the teams, no matter how long or short of a time it has been since you have been in the playoffs....savor the moment....you never know how long it will be till you return!!