Jarrius Jackson dismissed from Tech bball team

CraigSmoak

This is a real blow for Tech. Leading scorer in the Big 12 last year and one of my favorite players to watch in the Big 12. Hard to believe kids let their classes slip when they know it's going to cost them their chance to play. I know he had all the help in the world to pass too as far as tutoring and things of that nature go. Hopefully he can get on the right track and get back on the Tech squad.

Texas Tech G Jackson dismissed for academic reasons

Associated Press

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech dismissed leading scorer Jarrius Jackson from the basketball team on Tuesday because of academic reasons.

Red Raiders coach Bob Knight said in a story in the online edition of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal that Jackson, who led the Big 12 Conference in scoring last season with 20.5 points per game, was removed "for failure to fulfill academic requirements that we have for our men's basketball team."

Knight left open the possibility that Jackson could return to the team at a later date.

"If Jackson is able to do what is required of him that we have discussed, when he has satisfactorily done what is required of him, then maybe, at that time, we might discuss the possibility of him returning," Knight said.

The 6-foot-1 guard from Monroe, La., is featured on the cover of the team's media guide.

He led the Big 12 in 3-point shooting at 45 percent last year.

................................................................................

If he can gets his grades back up when the 1st semester closes in December, then he'll still be a factor in the Big 12 race in the spring.

There's a good chance that this won't hurt Tech too badly. At least, I hope.

knight knows what he is doing. He is known for making his players take care of their grades, not just get by either. I know this is a huge loss for tech, but jay will get things together. I think tech has really improved the team with solid JUCO players. When they get jay back, it will make things better for the team. As far as i know this is the first mess up for jackson. He is a good kid, he just slacked off some. I am sure he will work very hard to get back on the court doing what he does best.