Did you catch the ruling about South Carolina???

MSU82

I caught this one on ESPN's web page this morning. The SEC is limiting South Carolina's use of playing a crowing rooster to certain times during games. Read this quote:

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- The rooster won't crow as much at South Carolina's Williams-Brice Stadium.

The Southeastern Conference has told the Gamecocks they can only play a rooster crow during timeouts, after a score, before the game, during halftime and when the game ends.

South Carolina had been playing the rooster crow before critical third downs and other times to pump up the crowd.

The SEC told the Gamecocks they were breaking conference regulations about when artificial noise could be played.

"We are certainly disappointed that we have to limit the Gamecock crow, as we know its a crowd favorite, but obviously we will comply with the Southeastern Conference rules and regulations," said Jeff Crane, the university's athletics marketing director.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

I really find this interesting that they mention arificial noise in the statement. I'm a Mississippi State grad and we have had a long standing fued with the SEC over the use of cowbells. The SEC states that students and alumni cannot use cowbells to make noise during SEC games and labels them as artificial noise makers. Interesting that in South Carolina's case, they can use artificial noise during certain times, it's not totally banned from use. A double standard.

Have a great one, sports fans.......