Quitman vs Winnsboro

BigRedFan

Both teams have had great seasons, Winnsboro at 8-1 and Quitman at 9-0. Winnsboro non-district beat White Oak easily (Quitman would be White Oak but not by 37 points.) Winnsboro beat Mt Vernon and Spring Hill (Quitman would not beat either of these teams.) Winnsboro lost to Hughes Springs (Quitman would lose to HS also). In district play Winnsboro has looked more one sided than Quitman against the district foes, although neither team has really been tested.

Quitman will not be able to stop Winnsboro rushing attack. Winnsboro also playing at home.

Prediction: Winnsboro 35 Quitman 7

What is the combined record of the non district teams that Quitman has faced? How many of the Smoaky's top ten teams in 2a has Quitman beat or better yet how many of those teams could Quitman stay with? Winnsboro has not really been tested all that much since the Hughes Springs and the Spring Hill games?

?? for the Quitman fans. How much did the starters play after the games in district were no longer in question? Winnsboro has been able to pull their starters either in the third or fourth quarter. I do not think that the starters for Winnsboro has played one full game in district. Some one correct me if I am wrong.

you can't always go by scores when comparing the two teams.... i think this one will come down to who wants it more. I wish i could be there to see it. Talking about how much winnsboro hasn't been tested since Hughes Springs and Spring Hill... Quitman has yet to be tested all year... it could have somethin to do with their weak pre-season schedule or it could just be because their talented and dedicated this year.

I have talked to many actual players from all teams in the district who have informed me that Quitman and Winnsboro are very even in most aspects of the game....

The breakdown seems to be that Winnsboro has a little more team speed than Quitman........

But on the other hand many kids also said that Quitman has a few bruisers that are game changers.....

This game should be very interesting...

no i am in no way saying they aren't dedicated and talented. im just sayin the reason you think quitman is 9-0 or is even recognized as good at all is because they haven't played the same teams as winnsboro has. their pre-season may not have been the same but they played the same district teams and beat the same district teams

Quitman will not be able to stop Winnsboro's offense as long as the players execute every play...Winnsboro's defense has also proven to be exceptionally dominant against the rushing and passing game...

There is a district championship on the line....may the best team win...

Winnsboro 35

Quitman 7

Originally posted by srbraiders

Quitman will not be able to stop Winnsboro's offense as long as the players execute every play...Winnsboro's defense has also proven to be exceptionally dominant against the rushing and passing game...

There is a district championship on the line....may the best team win...

Winnsboro 35

Quitman 7

While I understand you are a total homer....:homer:

If both teams play well, neither one will get beat that bad...

Originally posted by srbraiders

Quitman will not be able to stop Winnsboro's offense as long as the players execute every play...Winnsboro's defense has also proven to be exceptionally dominant against the rushing and passing game.

Winnsboro 35

Quitman 7

There has been some question about Quitmans run defense and that being the difference in this game. Quitmans run D is going to be fine they are very good against the run. Ryan Young gained 218 on them because they went out and tried to intimidate and hurt him by putting a bunch of BIG BONE crushing hits on him in which he just bounced off and kept on running like a good running back should. If they would have just hit and wrapped him up and made simple basic tackles I don't think he would have had as big of a game as he did. That is what Winnsboro did to him and look at what happened, 59 yards. Winnsboro does have more speed on D. Another reason they held him to 59 yards. If Quitman comes out and will play good SMART aggressive defense, I say they win it. They are a meaner team and thats great but remember what happened to General Custer.

Young got his yards because he does a good job bouncing outside-Quitman played this game without either starting outside LBer - the 2 replacements constantly lost contain and Young took advantage of that. Quitman also started subbing players at the end of the first quarter. Winnsboro has an outstanding team and it should be a great game between these two schools. Hopefully both schools come away injury free as this game has no bearing on the playoffs

Originally posted by whodat

Young got his yards because he does a good job bouncing outside-Quitman played this game without either starting outside LBer - the 2 replacements constantly lost contain and Young took advantage of that. Quitman also started subbing players at the end of the first quarter. Winnsboro has an outstanding team and it should be a great game between these two schools. Hopefully both schools come away injury free as this game has no bearing on the playoffs

Some of you Quitman guys really crack me up. You must be the same guy that writes for the Wood Co Dem, that said he only got 199 yards of rushing $1.99 sounds a little better doesn't it. I've heard 3 sides to this, 1st your subs go in at the start of the 4th quarter, then at half time and when some of you herd he got 115 yards by half time know you changed it to the end of the 1st. I watched the game film over and over again like I do all of the games and didn't see a major move to subs until the 4th You make my point how ever. You say he does a good job of bouncing outside, well who is he bouncing off of? Quitman wins the game.

both teams are very good, but the way they play the game is completely different.

quitman is a bit more aggresive, and they get the job done.

winnsboro is a little more conservative, and they get the job done.

neither is better or worse, so i hope no one takes offensive to that.

i think i am going to take quitman on this one...but it going to be a close one.

quitman 21

winnsboro 14

i wish i could be there to see it, its going to be exicting!

All you Winnsboro people think yall are gonna win huge yall are in for a culture shock friday night... im not gonna say yall arnt gonna win or yall are... its going to be a great game against two huge rivals... Why cant yall just look at it positively and say its going to be a great game instead of saying we would of lost to all of yalls non dist opponents... NO ONE CARES THIS IS DISTRICT!!! NON DISTRICT MEANS SQUAT!!!

Actually he had 28 carries for 190 yards---that is off the play by play stat sheet- 22 carries for 215 yards and 6 carries that resulted in - 25 yards. And you are right there were no mass substitutions until the 4th quarter. But both OLBers were backups the entire game and situational substitutions began as soon as Quitman went up 20-0 with 6:54 left in the first quarter- Ryan is an outstanding back and fought hard for his yards but I believe some of it came as a result of the lack of contain from players not playing in normal positions

Originally posted by 44stack

Know your option responsibilities!!!!! HITEM HELPEM UP HITEM AGAIN:runningdog:If you get the chance, onside the last kick off for old time sake.

GO BULLDOGS:mad:

44stack.....have you eased up in these past years....

I remember a guy that always said HITEM KICKEM WHILE THERE DOWN AND STOMPONEM:rocker:

The days of the "pooch" kick slaughtering are gone with the wind unfortunately....

Originally posted by darktower

Actually he had 28 carries for 190 yards---that is off the play by play stat sheet- 22 carries for 215 yards and 6 carries that resulted in - 25 yards. And you are right there were no mass substitutions until the 4th quarter. But both OLBers were backups the entire game and situational substitutions began as soon as Quitman went up 20-0 with 6:54 left in the first quarter- Ryan is an outstanding back and fought hard for his yards but I believe some of it came as a result of the lack of contain from players not playing in normal positions

I can live with that. My original message was be tough be mean it's the only way to play the game but also play smart. I know you will, all the luck to you this Friday.