Dallas turns "BLOND" in loss to Washington...22-19

(1) TO drops a wide open TD pass .... right in his hands... would have given the 'Boys a 14-point lead going into the 4th quarter ...

(2) Anthony Henry and Roy Williams drops sure interceptions ...

(3) With 6 seconds to go, Dallas has a gimme FG blocked...... then complicates the situation with a face mask penalty added at the end of the "blocked FG" return to put the ball at the Cowboy 30. THIS TIME, THE KICKER FOR THE REDSKINS DIDN'T MISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 22-19, Washington ...

(4) The winning FG was after the clock had run out... it was an "extra time" attempt, due to the PENALTY on the Cowboys.

Without the penalty, Washington does get the opportunity to attempt the FG without the penalty.

(5) 11 penalties for 153 yards, 3rd worst game in Cowboy history.

What a sudden .. crushing ... shocking ... Smoaky grinning from "ear to ear" loss for the 'Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, just an average football team. Romo had a good game .. hard to fault him. But when the BIG PLAYS came about, the 'Boys failed to answer the call.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least Romo played really well, Dallas defense has got to be able to convert on those interception attempts, back to back chances to put the game away. Terrell Owens has the one big drop, but he played really well. I think the problem in this game was the penalties, and of course our inability to finish off the redskins.

Rediculous .... just rediculous.

Norm Hitzges just had a great line .... To quote Jack Buck, "I can't believe what I just saw ... I can't BELIEVE what I just saw".

1st point discussed betwen Greg "The Hammer" WIlliams and Norm .... why the brain-dead play by going for two points that early in the game??????????????????????????????????

2nd point .. the final "35-yard FG kick was so low that it was blocked by the Washington "D" lineman's armpits, not his hands.

3rd point ... the enormous # of penalties. 1 penalties for 153 yards, one football field and 1/2.

BRAIN DEAD ... the face mask penalty allowed the FG attempt to occur... after the clock had run out.

Guest texpal22

the whole thing was they had to many mistakes on offense, defense, special teams and coaching and they still should have won.

Merry Christmas to you ...

Merry Christmas, dear Redskins ...

I think I heard that post game song being sung by the Cowboys' team and coaches to Washington. I loved the burgandy ribbon that the package was wrapped in.

Guest texpal22
Originally posted by ramsn03

If nap boy spent more time concentrating on catching the football , than he does coming up with endzone celebrations he might do a little better. Most dropped passes in NFL.

i'm not sure he has the most but he has had some big ones. there was alot of other mistakes too besides the dropped pass

If they would have kicked that extra point, then the Redskins would have been forced to go for two, when trailing 13-11, instead of 12-11. As Kirk Herbstreit says "Don't chase points"

Hopefully, most Cowboy fans will now say that TO causes more problems than he helps the team. How many games as his receiving cost them games. A key drop today and against the Giants. How many games has his receiving helped them win?????????????

Parcells' post-game press conference --

(1) just called the game as having an "unusual ending". That's really an understatement on how the 'Boys gave this one away.

(2) thinks that someone on the line made a blocking mistake. He might also notice that Vanderjact kicked the ball low.

(3) very disappointing to lose the way we lost.

(4) goes by the charts when going for "1 or 2 points" after a TD.

(5) Don't pick out plays during the game ... the blocked FG and penalty was the KEY PLAYS for losing the game.

These game happen EVERY year lose a game that when you look back, you go how the heck did we lose that..That was why beating NY was CRUCIAL because division games on the road, funny things happen

One GOOD thing was every team except for Giants lost today who are fighting for a play-off spot. And I can promise Dallas will win a game later in year that is a how did we win that one type of game.

Guest texpal22

TO has always dropped some passes but not as many as he has this year. i wonder if he still has a problem with the hand he broke?

TxEalecaller .... yeah.

In fact, can eveyone together say ... "2005 -- SEATTLE BEATS DALLAS" .... on last second interception and FG? This

one was more bizarre .... but the same kind of "How did we lose it?"

BTW, I just heard an advertisement that included info ... TO has become the leading receiver for the Boys....... however, they failed to mention that he'd also is the leader in DROPPED PASSES!!!!!!!

Bill Parcells and every other coach in America should rip "the chart" to pieces and use common sense on when to go for two. Totally ignorant to go for two that early in the game. You only go for two when you have to have two or the clock dictates. That's what the chart should read!

Guest texpal22

you also have to think about this. had they kicked the pat and been up by 1 Wash. would probably not have been running the ball every play on that last drive. had they been throwing they could have had a short field goal but that's something we'll never know.

also i can't believe Dallas didn't use their timeouts or in particular that 1 timeout they did use a little earlier. they let quite a few secs run off. that would have been enough for another play or 2.

also what if Fasano had not tripped.

oh well that's life in sports. alot of if's, and's and but's

Originally posted by SptsEd

Bill Parcells and every other coach in America should rip "the chart" to pieces and use common sense on when to go for two. Totally ignorant to go for two that early in the game. You only go for two when you have to have two or the clock dictates. That's what the chart should read!