Dallas turns "BLOND" in loss to Washington...22-19

How did Don Meredith put it ... "if IFS and BUTS were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas."

Although Parcells was quick to say that the final play determined the game, I guarantee you that he won't got straight through to the final play when reviewing the game tape.

There were KEY plays not made by the 'Boys, especially in the second half that will come back to haunt them during the film review this next week.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest texpal22

maybe this was just the good Lord humbling them a little. they were on top of the world after beating Carolina. hey Philly has lost 3 games on the last play.

Originally posted by texpal22

maybe this was just the good Lord humbling them a little. they were on top of the world after beating Carolina. hey Philly has lost 3 games on the last play.

If you're looking for a brief smile from the downcast Cowboy fans ... well, you almost got one from me, but .....

I've heard the phrase, "misery loves company" .... but I don't care to be having a "misery" party with Eagle fans.

And yes, texpal22 .... the # of penalties/yards were killers for the 'Boys today.

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy

I think the chart should read-

1) fire your coach

2) fire your sleepy suicidal popcorn freak

3) sell the team to someone who wouldn't have fired jimmy!

The Cowgirls stink, way to go skins! What an ugly game!

Since you are not an actual fan, your opinion will be strickin!:whome::w00t:

Guest texpal22

parcells said in his press conference the focus should be on the last play. with all the other mistakes made he said we had a chance to win and we didn't

I think that all good receivers that love the headlines ... TO, Chad Johnson, Michael Irvin even ... would say that.

However, it sounds a little hollow when he's leading the NFL in "DROPPED PASSES" .... and after that "sure TD" the TO dropped today ... with the 'Boys leading 19-12. That td would have put the score at 26-12 going into the 4th quarter.

Bad timing, TO .... bad timing!!!! Be thankful that Romo seemingly likes you better than Bledsoe. :smile2:

Norm is now throwing out terms like ...

gut rentching loss ....

gut tearing loss .....

the guts are laying around for all the NFL to see .....

Norm and Greg "The Hammer" are really PIEVED AND UPSET that the Cowboys blew that one .... along with the rest of us.

Good for them is that THEY HAVE A RADIO SHOW TO VENT THEIR FEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there will be Mickey Spagnola on David's show on Monday saying his usual "if they would not have had that turnover and that bad call and that fumble........"

Mickey will still try to explain away a cowboy loss but he will die if it kills him with his endless stream of excuses.

4-4 at the midway point and Parcells added that it was a tough game to lose either way, and it's just a tough pill to swallow.

Hey Tuna, stay off the pills and things will turn out better for you.........:thumbsup::ugh::yawn: !!

Guest texpal22

yeah they will need to beat the giants and eagles cause the colts will be tough and the falcons at their place. that's assuming they win the ones they should like the one they were suppose to win today

Guest texpal22

i know there were alot of mistakes that contributed to the loss but i've watched the replay over and over and there's no way that should have been a 15 yd. face mask penalty. they would have been better off had he jerked him down by the face mask

texpal22,

Your wrong---even though the facemask wasn't blatant---"any time"..."any time" there's any tug of the facemask in the open field---it's 15-yards...period.

Now, let me ask you a simple question...had the same penalty occurred the other way around---would you seriously and honestly even bring it up. I doubt it.

If the Cowboys would've decided to have "anyone" block Troy Vincent---the facemask call never would've been an issue---but it was blocked---and Taylor made a great play keeping that play alive.

And finally---the Cowboys have a huge advantage in their series against Washington, and they've beaten Washington about a dozen times on fluke endings.

The 2005 Monday Night Football, Brunell to Moss "bombshell", and today's ridiculous, heartbreaking, and shocking ending will go down right with that one.

Nothing will ever erase '74 Hail Mary, '79 35-34, or many other Cowboys miracle-endings against Washington---but they sure do help a little bit.

Smoaky

Yes, I am---but the 'Horns were supposed to be the 'Huskers---

Washington probably had no reason hanging with the Cowboys.

All that momentum from the win at Carolina was basically washed out this weekend.

Cowboys are fortunate they play the Cardinals next week...

Heck, with the way Washington has played, they could follow this up with a loss in Philly.

Smoaky

Tough loss for the Cowboys.

This week when Coach Parcells said the Cowboys had a bad practice on Wednesday that raised a red flag for me.

Look at all the penalties today -- lack of focus.

I don't see the Cowboys making the playoffs unless they can somehow get to a 10-6

record.

Bright spot continues to be the play of Tony Romo.

junglejim ... yeah, 1070 has been a long time.

-- the Normans were in charge of England since their conquest in 1066.

-- an increase in Jewish population immigrating into England occurred.

-- The Dallas Cowboys received over 150 yards in penalties .... that was a bunch of tough Cowboys playing the Normans in English football. Of course, it was really soccer, but the Cowboys didn't know that.

Yes CheokeeJuan .... Romo continued to impress in the middle of this MESS.

Lol funny texpal22

I agree, the boys had far too many missed opportunities today! Owens needs to learn to simply give the ball to the ref after a touchdown, cause that was nearly a game altering mistake if the redskins hadnt messed up on the kickoff. Romo did really impress me again though, I like the energy he brings to the qb position which in the past few years has been occupied by boring slow 5 years out of their prime vets.