Hallsville @ Pine Tree

Bobcat1976

I know Hallsville is supposed to win this and lots of 12-4A prognosticators are overlooking this game.. But PT hates Hallsville... When these two get together there is usually a big crowd and lots of emotion.

If PT v Hallsville in tiddly winks was happening Fri night there would be emotion.

This game is in PT and the Pirates season would feel much better to them if they could play the spoiler.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He suffered a leg injury in the second quarter last week. Plunk said he thought he would be able to play this week, but I don't know for sure.

PT will definitely be up for this game. That will last for maybe 2 quarters, so I expect it to be somewhat close at half....but that's it.

Hallsville 42, PT 13

Hallsville controls it own playoff destiny...win, you're in; lose and we need outside help. I like our chances! While Survia may be cleared to play Friday, my guess is Coach Plunk will rest him if he can and play Hollon the whole game. Yes, it's a rivalry. Pine Tree is improved and will be playing for pride and the 2007 season. The Bobcats should win and build towards the playoffs. I hope we outnumber the home fans in Pine Tree and plan to see former Hallsville coach Steve Mulkey before leaving.

I'd like to see this game because it's such a rivlary and basically.. they hate each other lol

but I have to go with Hallsville. other than the turnovers against Whitehouse when I saw them they are a good team.

Limit turnovers and get guys healthy and they can do some damage.

Hallsville should win this one without a doubt. PT is a good ball team that is much improved and will definitely play their best and play through the last snap because its Hallsville, but they will lose because they don't know how to finish a game. Not to mention all the failures that PT had. So PT will play hard and it should be a good game for a little while but i think Hallsville will pull away sometime around halftime.

This one always gets everyone stirred up.

If anyone thinks that the Pirates don't believe they can pull this one off, then that person does not know how intense this rivalry is.

It has nothing to do really with how good or bad the football team is.. It goes way deeper and extends to every type of competition and interaction these two schools have with each other.

Most people don't realize that fully 2 out of 3 Hallsville students have a Longview address, and that it is only about 15 miles distance from HHS to PTHS.

In lots of ways Hallsville is just as much a Longview area school as Pine Tree is.

These kids shop at the same stores and often "hang out" at all the same places.

The atmosphere will be thick and the emotion will be high at PT stadium on Friday Night.

Once again, I find it quite interesting that each season when Pine Tree and Hallsville play, it's a majority of Hallsville folks posting about this huge rivalry, but few Pine Tree folks. Even though I agree that it's a good rivalry, it always seems that this game holds more meaning for Hallsville. Considering that Hallsville holds a 2-game edge in the overall series, one would think they wouldn't be quite so passionate. But, on the other hand, this football game may be one of only a few wins over Pine Tree in anything else all year. As for Hallsville being as much a part of Longview than Pine Tree, not even close, at any level. Anyone that has grown up in Longview, Pine Tree and Spring Hill knows that. It's as if Hallsville wants to be in Longview, rather than that little country community, just east of Longview and a little west of Marshall. Hallsville is Hallsville, and that's all right.

P.S. Pine Tree football hasn't improved nearly enough to win this game. I predict that Hallsville will extend their series edge.

Exactly, geauxtiger3. Like it or not that's the way it is when your an independent district within a city's limits. Facts are facts. Not to mention that someone needs to inform living4christ that Kilgore is actually a city 10-miles south of Longview.

Originally posted by SPORTZ

But, on the other hand, this football game may be one of only a few wins over Pine Tree in anything else all year.

P.S. Pine Tree football hasn't improved nearly enough to win this game. I predict that Hallsville will extend their series edge.

Tell me what has PineTree done lately in anything but maybe soccer? There baseball team was in shambles last season, their girls volleyball team was not up to standard, and their football record speaks for itself.

I do agree with you though that Hallsville should extend their series edge. And I stress should - but anything can happen in this game I have gotten to the point that the rivalry is not meaningful as it once was. You have to have two teams relatively equal to have a true rivalry and that just hasn't been the case over the last few seasons.