Hallsville @ Pine Tree

Bobcat1976

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT girls sports has been their shining star the past few years. Even I was disappointed in their baseball team last season. On paper they should have won the district. They are always competitive in basketball and the muddogs are perennial favorites. But at football which this is about they are sorely lacking and have been for several years.

I would not look for a whole lot of victories over Hallsville in anything other than basketball and soccer. Your baseball team should be good but Hallsville has almost everything returning. Is soccer really a sport worthy of mentioning?!

Overall, I wouldn't be surprised if Pine Tree doesn't enjoy a few victories over Hallsville. I don't know that any 4A schools in E.Tex has enjoyed the overall success of their athletic program. I don't have the stats and won't spend the time to do the research, but based on what I read in the papers, let's compare the two programs.

Baseball: PT

Basketball: PT Boys & Girls

Crosscountry: PT Boys & Girls

Football: HV

Golf: PT Boys & Girls. Does HV play golf? Don't know.

Soccer: PT Boys & Girls. Does HV girls play? Don't know.

Swim/Diving Team: PT Boys & Girls. Does HV have a pool?

Softball: HV

Tennis: PT Boys & Girls

Track: PT

Vollyball: PT

Wrestling: PT Does HV wrestle? Don't know.

With the most complete 4a program for the districts boys and girls in E.Tex, I suspect they have a fair chance to pick up a few more wins.

Hallsville compared to PT.

There are primary sports and secondary sports. In my opinion the primary sports for boys are:

1)Football: Hallsville dominates over the last few years. Anything could happen

2)Baseball: Hallsville should win against PT. Hallsville 3rd last season. PT not on radar. Hallsville returning practically entire team. This is your best chance other than basketball

3)Track: Hallsville defending district champs (should be faster this year). PT?

4)Basketball: PT

Girls Sports:

1)Softball: Fairly even but edge to Hallsville.

2)Volleyball: Hallsville already won district. PT 2nd

3)Track: Girls finished 2nd in district (2006). PT (maybe 3rd?)

4)Basketball: PT

The facts speak for themselves. If we want to get into obscure and minor sports then you've got me I guess. I think ya'll have about a 25% win average in headsup important sports.

I'm through with the comparisons. You win!

Originally posted by Lion70

yea not everyday a 7-3 team misses the playoffs.

The 3 losses were to Marshall (State Finalist), Kilgore (State Champ), and Jacksonville (Indians also beat Marshall that year) and the J'ville v H'ville game was in the Tomato Bowl.

Yes the Bobcats were 7-3, but not many other districts in the state that they would have missed the playoffs.