Diboll VS Carthage

D-TownJack

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Crocketts longest drive was for less than 50 yards. I think turnovers killed em in that game. Diboll will not score more than 14 points, I'll bet you a Fresca."

14 points? on the Diboll's worst offensive game of this year against the best defense in district they scored 17 points.

First -- a couple of corrections. Crockett scored 43 on Carthage, not 42. And Diboll's offense wasn't really responsible for 17 points against Crockett. I give the offense credit for 7 points which came on a long flea flicker play in the early moments on the ballgame.

Second -- Carthage's defense isn't as bad as the 43-0 blowout made it seem. For a quarter and a half, they totally stopped Crockett. Crockett caught a break and made some big plays late in the 2nd quarter and honestly it looked like Carthage just quit. I think they are very capable of beating Diboll. I was very impressed with Gilbert Moye even though he only had about 55 yards against Crockett on either 13 or 15 carries. If Diboll had some receivers who could get open and catch the ball it would make a big difference. I'm thinking Carthage and Diboll is a 7 point game (or less).

let's state some facts from Friday night: 1) the game was tied 17-17 in the 4th quarter with both defenses playing pretty well 2) Moye has got to decide if he is

going to run or pass and do it(scrambling for 10 seconds on a play and getting

sacked behind the line or throwing it to the other team is not working) 3) there

are some players who can help but we have to be a team and play 4) this was the worst game on offense we have had all year. Now I am smart enough to realize

that the way Crockett played against Diboll is reflected in the score and the best

team that night was Crockett. congrats to the Bulldogs----now let's move on

lumberjacks and put it to the Carthage Bulldogs like I know we can. GO JACKS!!!

My personal thoughts on the game (i realize i wasn't asked haha) are these.

That game came down to just a few momentum changing plays...

There was a play on defense where I tipped a ball to Moye who if he would have caught it had six the other way

There was a screen pass that the big nose guard from Crockett knocked down that killed a long drive for us at midfield

A pooch kick by us with a missed tackle and #4 from Crockett returned the ball to the 50 which gave them a short field to take the lead 24-17 midway through the 4th

The second interception that gave Crockett the ball on about Diboll's 30 and consequently helped seal the game

Basically when it came down to it, Crockett made the plays they had to and won the game. Even though the score may not tell it Diboll was very much in the game until about 4 minutes left in the fourth when Crockett scored their last touchdown.

Crockett capatalized on 2 of 4 Diboll turnovers whereas Crockett only turned the ball over once, a turnover that set up a Diboll touchdown.

It came down to mistakes and Diboll made more. In a turnover free game I believe that both of these teams would fight to a tie, especially the way that both defenses were playing that night. 31 points may seem like alot, but Diboll's defense kept us in the game.

Originally posted by soonermajic

nothing against Diboll, but... Carthage has sic talent. They have several of the State's top 100 for next year & some outstnading Sr.'s. Carthage has the best talent/depth hands down in this district.

I will not flatly say you're wrong, but a team that is the most talented in the district dosen't lose one player and then get beat by 43. They keep the game close. Diboll played without Gilbert Moye and still averaged 40 a game. Crockett didn't score 50 against Huntington who is much worse than any team Diboll played without Moye. I just don't understand how Carthage has the most talent. Personally I belive Crockett has more talent than most teams in the state. This is the first year in a while that they have played like a team and surprise surprise, they're undefeated in a very tough district. They get my vote.

I think we should all be grateful we play in a district that has so many talented kids. If Carthage was to win, it would mean a team with 3 district wins would be out, including Carthage if they don't win by enough! I think it speaks volumes for the talent and the quality football teams we have here in East Texas.

GO JACKS! KICK SOME AXE!!!

"I will not flatly say you're wrong, but a team that is the most talented in the district dosen't lose one player and then get beat by 43. They keep the game close. Diboll played without Gilbert Moye and still averaged 40 a game. Crockett didn't score 50 against Huntington who is much worse than any team Diboll played without Moye. I just don't understand how Carthage has the most talent. Personally I belive Crockett has more talent than most teams in the state. This is the first year in a while that they have played like a team and surprise surprise, they're undefeated in a very tough district. They get my vote."

Carthage does have a lot of talent. Yes they did get beat by 43 points but who knows if things would have been different if the starting QB would have been playing. Now I am not taking nothing from Crockett but I think if the score would have been different. Not saying Carthage would have one though. It seems to me that Diboll is looking at the Crockett game and thinking they will do that to Carthage as well. Here is where all the Carthage talent comes in to play. First of all they are playing at home in front of there FANS! The QB is back and I think that Diboll feels they already have this game one due to the Crockett score. Bottom line is if Carthage puts there talent to good use and stops the stupid penalties and turnovers Diboll better look out, if not Carthage looses. Diboll don't have that Sturns kid and they don't have Crockett's defense. I know that Moye is good but I think he is a Sturns.

Moye is not the only player that makes the Diboll offense good. They were scoring a lot of points before they ever got him back this season. Their running back, Stanton maybe?, is pretty good himself. Carthage had better be ready to stop more than just Moye if they want to beat Diboll!

I'm sorry vball. I'm just learning how to play with this computer. Is td2210 calling getting krunk and keeping it real, a lack of discipline? When was the last time Carthage had someone ejected and were you there and do you know exactly why they were tossed. Players don't have to be robots on the field, they can celebrate when they make a good play. Carthage has been without their leader for a few weeks now and if he plays you will probably see fewer turnowvers, penelties and you will see a W. Go Dogs:D:D

The game is being played in Carthage because the two schools could not agree on an alternate location. Diboll didn't want to travel to Marshall, Carthage wanted to play on Friday, not Thursday or Saturday.

The District petitioned the State to hold a special bond election in December under an emergancy clause-- I didn't know that Governor Perry had agreed to that yet, with the election this week.

Originally posted by jacks_7_07

This is the first year in a while that they (Crockett) have played like a team and surprise surprise, they're undefeated in a very tough district. They get my vote.

Obviously you weren't at the Crockett-Diboll game last year. Or the Crockett-Rusk game last year. Or especially the Crockett-Palestine game last year. Crockett has done this for two years in a row now.

Originally posted by troop6

"

Carthage does have a lot of talent. Yes they did get beat by 43 points but who knows if things would have been different if the starting QB would have been playing. Now I am not taking nothing from Crockett but I think if the score would have been different. Not saying Carthage would have one though. It seems to me that Diboll is looking at the Crockett game and thinking they will do that to Carthage as well. Here is where all the Carthage talent comes in to play. First of all they are playing at home in front of there FANS! The QB is back and I think that Diboll feels they already have this game one due to the Crockett score. Bottom line is if Carthage puts there talent to good use and stops the stupid penalties and turnovers Diboll better look out, if not Carthage looses. Diboll don't have that Sturns kid and they don't have Crockett's defense. I know that Moye is good but I think he is a Sturns.

Believe me friend, we are not looking past Carthage. We dont know which QB will be playing but we practiced every day for Bowman. We are planning on playing Palestine in the first round, but we aren't looking past Carthage at all.