Diboll VS Carthage

D-TownJack

Originally posted by po-coach

two way street there hoss....and i am glad you know your"rights" i also have the "right" to my opinion i am glad that you feel strongly for the lumberjacks... others feel strongly for the bulldogs my statement took neither side simply an observation of how ghotly you have slammed carthage for a situation that was not planned for in more than one way... back off shut your negative pie hole and let it be settled by players and not used to be 's or never were's... i dont need to hide behind the ol monitor for being honest jack....

For someone wanting pie holes shut, there sure does seem to be an endless supply of #### running from yours. As I said, you don't tell me what to do buddy boy. If you'd like to try, step from behind your screen. It will all be over in a few hours, so you have plenty of time for a chill pill.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ljack

I agree. let the game begin. I just think the Carthage athletics and administration

should have made a decision weeks ago on where the game was going to be played.

We have players--we have a field--we have stands. Diboll is thankful for its nice

facilities.

The decision was made weeks ago. Diboll just had a problem with it last week.

Originally posted by Lumberjack
Originally posted by norm77

There's no way that I would play this game at SFA, which is closer for the visiting team.

And Nacogdoches HS is closer to Carthage than Rusk??? This is about head games, and our kids know all about it. And yes, it will be resolved on the field.

we played in rusk. and i wont be sitting on a side ill be playin

Didn't realize that there was such tension..... Childish argument that I guess I started with a simple question. Now we need counselors and tissues because of all of this crying and griping. I am not really for or against. Just like highschool football. This got a little too sensetive too fast!!Let the games begin and good luck to both teams.:rocker:

Originally posted by Lumberjack
Originally posted by cubs37

The game is being played in Carthage because the coach from Carthage tried every way he could to make Diboll drive as far as possible within the UIL rules and still play on Friday. Carthage did have a Friday game offered at SFA, but their coach deemed it,"too neutral" of a site. Now thanks to this one man's decision, we (parents, students and fans from both sides) have to be stuffed like sardines into what is left of QM.

The game is being played in Carthage because after securing one of the only available stadiums, Diboll didn't want to have to go an extra 20 minutes. Diboll wanted to play in Lufkin for a Carthage "home" game. That's fair. So, it's in Carthage......be careful what you ask for.

Diboll did not want to play in Lufkin. Diboll wanted to play in Tatum and Coach Martel had already talked with the Tatum coaches and they ok'ed it. Then the Carthage coach says he doesn't "like playing" in Tatum so trys to change it to Marshall. By the rules, Diboll doesn't have to go that far. They then tried to get SFA, and did, only for the Carthage coach to claim it was "too neutral" when what he really meant was they didn't want to foot the bill. Now the Diboll folks have to go and sit on five high bleachers (on the condemned homeside) which have been put behind the football team on the sidelines (to block our view) and in the endzones, while the "home team" takes over the visitor stands. This shows a lack of class IMO.

Besides, Coach Martel offered to play the game in Diboll and we would come up there next year, but once again---shot down. Seems Carthage can beat us anywhere but Diboll,Tatum or SFA.

Hey you are playing in Carthage because it was scheduled as a Carthage home game. Lack of class because the Carthage Seniors wanted to play the last game at QM Martin Stadium. Can't believe what I am reading. Sure Carthage is gonna drive to Diboll and give them an extra home game. Why don't Carthage just bow out and let Diboll have the game. Why should Diboll get to pick where the game is played when it is Carthage's home game. As someone wrote home field advantage is not that big a deal in high school.

Diboll players want be blocking the fans view. I do not believe it is room for them to stand between the bleachers and the field.

Carthage should sit on the home side and use the tem. bleachers that would settle it.

But at least now they get to see what it is like to walk around the field. Stand in a long line only to find a sold out concession stand.

Definition of home field advantage: having control over the seating arrangements for your own stadium.

Here in Palestine, Westwood switched sides of the field while they waited for their home side bleachers to be replaced. I don't consider them to be low class for doing so. I call it "taking care of the folks who pay the bills for the district".....the TAXPAYING FANS.

Carthage is doing the same thing and they won't be the last. Good luck to both teams in tonight's game.