Union Grove's best football season?

RedBarron

In that 4 team tie they beat BS in the final seconds but BS went the deepest in the playoffs that year from that distict. I went to the Bi-district game and they played Harleton in Spring Hill from a rematch earlier that year which Harleton killed them and BS beat them in the playoff game. The #1 from BS put a hit on a KR guy and that was probably the hardest hit I have ever seen in a High School game.

Originally posted by Blitz

The 1998 team went 8-2, but missed out for the play-offs. There was a 4 team tie for 1st. The last time they made the playoffs was 1963.

Per Smoaky.com's Historical Records Forum:

Union Grove shows to have 4 undefeated seasons in

school history.

The 1957, 1959 and 1965 teams all were 12-0 and more

than likely were in the lowest possible classification of

that era...Class B. The 1940 team was also undefeated

during the regular season then promptly lost their first

playoff game finishing 10-1

The 1959 team outscored their opposition a whopping

350-20 easily rating as the best defensive squad in

school history.

The 1957 team was lead by RB Larry Lindsey who is STILL

the school's all-time leader in scoring with 356 points.

The school's last playoff appearance was 1968 where they

fell iin the first round finishing 7-4....NOT 1963.

FWIW....Union Grove does have an all-time winning playoff

record of 9-4 which has to be on of the most remarkable

and eye-opening aspects for a school that has NO

modern day playoff tradition.

RJ

geauxtiger3 to this day that haunts me. But yea UG had a mental laps against WR that year and thats how they ended up not makeing the playoffs. The memory has been rekindled and now will be in my nightmares tonight.

That team had the most heart i have ever seen play a football game. They beat an overhwelmingly more talented team than them in arp and won. Was crazy to see the size difference in that game but UG came back to win in Arps homecoming. Greatest regular season game i have ever seen.

Originally posted by slapphappy

UG you can thank the realignment for your success this year....no Troup....no Arp ....no ef.:banging:

That's a stupid statement, UG played Troup very well the last game of the season and Arp beat UG by a TD or in overtime... UG is competing well and did last year. Stay in your district and mind your own.....

Originally posted by footballchick

UG you can thank the realignment for your success this year....no Troup....no Arp ....no ef.:banging:

That's a stupid statement, UG played Troup very well the last game of the season and Arp beat UG by a TD or in overtime... UG is competing well and did last year. Stay in your district and mind your own.....

Thanks for proving my point........ those were all losses.

Originally posted by footballchick

Thanks for proving my point........ those were all losses.

I'm not wasting anymore of my time on you bud....

they may be all losses but they still played arp, harmony, and troup very well..........your talking like they were all blow outs like the year before that......49-0, 42-0 and arp 21-10 i think....i think this year they could still compete with arp and troup and they beat harmony