Gilmer rated last in 3A

sackem

Gilmer is rated #174 in Opponents Strength of Schedule

Their Opponent's record is 27--54 SOS average is -27

Graham, Bowie Lorena, Huntington and Center are rated at the top in that order. Look at their records though. Playing a tough schedule doesn't seem to help that much.

But if you play a weak schedule you can run up some records if you have a mind to.

What lots of people fail to realize or take into consideration is that nine of those losses came at the hands of Gilmer.

I've always believed that strength of schedule should not be negatively impacted by a loss to the team that is being analyzed.

What a meaningless post, is it gilmers fault that there schedule is so weak. Let's see Tatum defending 3A state champion, Daingerfield has the tradition, and until this year always in playoffs, Atlanta perrenial playoff appearances plus state champion 3 years ago, we don't pick our district, UIL does. 28 continuous district wins, State champions 2 years ago. Our record for the last 4 years is 48-3 up until the present. You play who WILL play you, Gilmer had just as weak of a schedule in 2004 and look what they did. Quit trying to stir up something that doesn't even make sense.

Cause you guys are always tooting your own horn. Let the record stand without going back to the past - two years ago we were state champions (great accomplishment, but why tell us every single day - we know that one already)- our guys are all home grown - (oh yeah except for the quarterback) - (again you tell us that everyday) We all know that Gilmer has the best 3A team in our region - maybe even the whole state - it just gets a little old hearing how you have stomped on the likes of Mineola and Sabine as well as all the others ones in your district. When you are deep in the playoffs - playing quality teams - then tell us how you are going to beat them by 40+ points and then tell us how many more records have been shattered. The great teams don't have to do much talking - their actions do that. Whew - I'm through venting now, but you did ask why.

I don't care who Gilmer has played in the regular season.... Their games will be exciting in the playoffs, no matter who the opponent.... I'm gonna try to catch as many as possible.... Starting w/ L-E next Friday....

Why all the uproar? All sackem did was post a very interesting piece of information. I think it is amazing. Actually, I think it just tells you how good Gilmer really is, that the weak schedule that they have played hasn't hurt them. Going into the year I thought they were playing a very tough non district schedule and who really knows. We all know the district is weak, but who isn't compared to Gilmer? Before the year I would have said that Tatum, Daingerfield, Atlanta were all worthy opponents. Who's to say they weren't. Maybe it's not that everyone else is so bad, maybe it's that Gilmer is just very, very good.

Records and ratings mean nothing. They are still one of the best teams in 3A... probably not THE best, but they would give WOS and Cuero a great game. The teams they have played (Atlanta, Dfield, and Tatum) can beat anyone on any given night, based on pure raw talent.

Originally posted by blackflag_74

ive said it before and i will say it again. if you dont like gilmer, then dont read posts about them. and certainly dont start a post about them and not expect to get some feedback.

I don't understand your statement. What does it have to do with the start of this thread? I haven't heard anyone on here say they don't like Gilmer.

Originally posted by MaroonFball

Records and ratings mean nothing. They are still one of the best teams in 3A... probably not THE best, but they would give WOS and Cuero a great game. The teams they have played (Atlanta, Dfield, and Tatum) can beat anyone on any given night, based on pure raw talent.

Cuero is good, however, they are NOWHERE near the #1 team they are purported to be.

The same guys who analyzed Gilmer's SOS also say Cuero would be beaten by Gilmer.

You cannot have it both ways.

Originally posted by geauxtiger3

what is the high school record for most points scored in a season?

Overall, the Full Season state record of 824 points was set by Big Sandy back in '75. They also had the Regular Season record with 638.

By Class:

5A....Regular Season: Houston Madison ('01), 523 points

Full Season: Same, 754

4A....Regular Season: CC Calallen ('95), 543

Full Season: Same, 770

3A....Regular Season: Denver City ('60), 535

Full Season: SLC ('93), 803

2A....Regular Season: Hale Center ('54), 600

Full Season: Mart ('99), 789

1A....See Above

Sidenote: I lack an update for the past three seasons. So SLC MAY have slipped something into the drink. Also Gilmer is ONLY 31 points away from breaking DC's 46-year-old record or 535 points in a Regular Season.