Hallsville vs. North Lamar, 4A Division II bi-district

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RJ31

Smith's official stats from this week's game against Sulphur Springs are 347 yards and 6 touchdowns on 56 carries.

Can you say 'workhorse'?

I've seen all their district games and most of the others and my hope is they haven't overworked this very tough horse. I would have liked to have seen him get the 4th quarter off last night. Playing on Sat instead of Fri will help.

Originally posted by Living4Christ

With the exception of the Marshall game, Hallsville has done very well against one-dimensional teams this year. I know that Smith is a great back, but nobody has answered my question....From what formation do they typically run the ball?

Everyone in the whole house knows that Smith is going to be the offense.

His season low is 165 yards (I'm pretty sure). He's averaging about 220 yards per game.

And this is with everyone knowing exactly what we will do.

Hallsville may win, BUT THEY WILL NOT STOP ANTOWOINE SMITH!

ok with 56 carries in one game, he better have 220 yards at least.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

When our OC has chanced to turn to the part of his playbook that contains all the passing plays, we have been very successful. Long, short, slant, crossing, didn't matter. We have had much success this year throwing the ball.

Faulkner has proven to be quite the stud at QB. Is is also a good running back, huntng for and finding holes in the lilne, usually getting good yardage after being hit.

We have two fullbacks that I am concvinced could carry our team into the stadium on their shoulders. Couple of times against SS refs called the plays dead with Johnson still on his feet and most of their defense hanging off oh him.

NL has more than one diminsion. We just don't see it often or nearly enough.

As far as everyone in the house knowing Antowoine is going to get the ball, you're right, they do. He got 347 yards against SS with "everyone in the house" knowing. In fact, the joke going around the NL side was that he had changed his last name to "Smithagain" because of how often the announcer said "Smith again on the carry."

No prediction.

Everyone in the whole house knows that Smith is going to be the offense.

His season low is 165 yards (I'm pretty sure). He's averaging about 220 yards per game.

And this is with everyone knowing exactly what we will do.

Hallsville may win, BUT THEY WILL NOT STOP ANTOWOINE SMITH!

Kinda makes me think of three years ago when Hallsville played Palestine in the first round....Adrian Peterson ran for like 220, but Hallsville barely won.

Hallsville had real trouble with only one team..

Marshall Mavs... The Mavs have a multi-dementional running game. They run 3 different backs at you from all different angles (great speed and quickness) Then their QB has averaged over 6 yrds per carry all season and rushed for about 12 or more TDs.

The best one-dimentional running team Hallsville faced was Jacksonville. Carmon Boyd-Anderson ran for about 1800 yards this season and Hallsville held him in check.

Anyway, this should be a good game and I'm a Bobcat fan and I'm picking them by 10pts. 24 - 14

Originally posted by tigerpride22

Smith's official stats from this week's game against Sulphur Springs are 347 yards and 6 touchdowns on 56 carries.

Can you say 'workhorse'?

can you say, "They have no one else"??

That's idiotic. He's their best player on offense. Faulkner is a weapon, TE Robinson is a weapon, and WR Clayton was a D1 recruit until a heart condition was discovered that sidelined him. They also have a talented offensive line.

Smith doesn't play any defense either.

Originally posted by sarge

Lindale wore out North Lamar....at NL's home field. Hallsville by a bunch!

NL went up 13-0 and then quit playing. I talked to some of the players and they said they took the win for granted against Lindale and it bit them. They assumed that they were going to cakewalk past Lindale into the playoffs. Big mistake.

Got a question for you, sarge..... Is Bauman as good at basketball as he is at catching passes? :evil2:

I'm pullin out for my boys offence is amazing and defence is doing alot better. They'll have to stop the ol' running game of NL, but look how they took care of that in the kilgore, jacksonville game. Hope they can get the job done! ill be pulling out for the cats! lots of points will be scored unless hallsville cant stopped the backs.

:happy65:IF we can Hville-42 NL28:happy65:

Originally posted by Bobcat1976

Border... do you have any stats on the NL players. Give me a scoop on how they play. What type of offense / defense. Who are their key players?

Sorry for the delay in responding. Smith is obviously the engine to the offense. Game was 5 weeks ago & I have slept a bit.

At first of THS game, the QB put use to sleep at being very average. But after he adjusted to THS speed, he did quite well and threw several very nice passes. Their line is very nice sized. Not sure if it was as big as Mt Pleasant, but work very well as a group. North Lamar wants to run. But if you sell out to stop Smith, they will burn you with a pass.

Their defense is fundamentally sound. Overall this is not a team of stars. I think Coach Felty does the most with the least amount of talent. May be the slowest team we faced. but like I said Felty did the most with the least.

On paper should North Lamar win - no in my opinion. But in North Lamar's case the sum is greater than the whole.