Hallsville vs. North Lamar, 4A Division II bi-district

Originally posted by Bobcat1976

You guys have me in the dark... You know some things that I don't know...

Anyway... Do you know any passing stats on NL?

Honestly, I don't have any numbers to look at, but right off the top of my head, I'd say Faulkner has about 800-1200 yards passing and roughly 10 tds. Very few INTs. Maybe three. He throws the ball maybe 10-15 times per game typically, but NL will not throw the ball unless they have to in most situations.

The passing game is very effective, because teams HAVE to commit to the run. When you run the ball at someone ten times and then throw the play action, it typically works. That's been NL's passing game this year.

Sometimes we'll drop straight back and throw it, but usually we're rolling out or running play action.

Faulkner has a very good arm. We have some decent receivers and a really good TE.

Faulkner can also run very effectively when pressured. He is a mobile QB.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Lamar total offense....

3,868 yards - 3,016 rushing, 852 passing

Total defense...

2,506 yards - 1,191 rushing, 1,315 passing

Quarterback John Faulkner is 38-for-76, 852 yards, 9 TD, 2 INT

Aside from Smith, no receiver or rusher has 250 yards.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by MNMLady
Originally posted by bordertown

Mallett is 6'7" and 255#. He can see over everyone and throw the ball with people hanging Christmas lights on him.

:whome:Thanks for the giggle, that was funny.

He's not kidding. Dude looked llike a Niemam Marcus Christmas catalog against us. I especially liked the star on top of his helmet.

I read a post from either bordertown or THSfanatic (I think) that said NL was the only team all year to sack Mallet more than once in a game, and I think he said that NL got him 3 times. That is impressive.

Pressure is the biggest thing when you face a passing team. Give a good QB time and he will find someone. No secondary can cover well after about 6 or 7 seconds.

I can only remember Fry taking 2 sacks this year. He almost never stands in the pocket or takes big drop-backs. He usually throws either within 2 or 3 seconds or rolls out. You never know if he is passing or not. He play fakes on almost every play and either leaves the ball with the RB, or keeps it and runs it or drops back a step and throws. He has 4 receivers on almost every play 2 wides, a wing back, and a TE. Very tough to stop. No team has held them to less that 4 scores (one team, dist. champs WH, held them to 2 TDs and two FGs).

Originally posted by Living4Christ

North Lamar total offense....

3,868 yards - 3,016 rushing, 852 passing

Total defense...

2,506 yards - 1,191 rushing, 1,315 passing

Quarterback John Faulkner is 38-for-76, 852 yards, 9 TD, 2 INT

Aside from Smith, no receiver or rusher has 250 yards.

Do you have these totals on the Bobcats??

These aren't official stats, but this is what I came up with from the stats that I have on file from this year....

Hallsville total offense

Palestine - 41 rushing, 141 passing

Atl. - 165 rushing, 200 passing

Mt. Pleasant - 382 rushing, 83 passing

Nacogdoches - 129 rushing, 197 passing

Henderson - 104 rushing, 259 passing

Marshall - 158 rushing, 285 passing

Whitehouse - 137 rushing, 256 passing

Kilgore - 162 rushing, 106 passing

Jacksonville - 247 rushing, 130 passing

Pine Tree - 294 rushing, 143 passing

Total yards gained: 3,619 (1,819 rushing, 1,800 passing)

Hallsville total defense

Palestine - 203 rushing, 146 passing

Atl. - 241 rushing, 23 passing

Mt. Pleasant - 280 rushing, 69 passing

Nacogdoches - 49 rushing, 98 passing

Henderson - 97 rushing, 180 passing

Marshall - 601 rushing, 26 passing

Whitehouse - 157 rushing, 227 passing

Kilgore - 150 rushing, 73 passing

Jacksonville - 216 rushing, 48 passing

Pine Tree - 205 rushing, 100 passing

Total yards allowed: 3,189 (2,199 rushing, 990 passing)

Originally posted by geauxtiger3

that marshall game looks so bad.. :fear: 601

I know! Hallsville was able to hold Carmon Boyd-Anderson, Kameron Rhodes, Hakeem Colbertt and others in check, but Marshall ate them alive....take away that one game and the stats look pretty good.

Originally posted by Living4Christ
Originally posted by geauxtiger3

that marshall game looks so bad.. :fear: 601

I know! Hallsville was able to hold Carmon Boyd-Anderson, Kameron Rhodes, Hakeem Colbertt and others in check, but Marshall ate them alive....take away that one game and the stats look pretty good.

very true. the defense came around after that game for sure.

That Marshall game was ugly. They got the ball first, scored in about 4 play drive (all running) kicked an on-side kick-off, recovered it, scored in about 4 more running plays. When Hallsville's offense 1st touched the ball they were down 14-0.

Mix in two interceptions and two fumbles that gave the Mavs a short field and the fact that the Mavs averaged about 12 yds per play for the game and you see it was not a pretty site.

Pretty amazing that Hallsville was able to put up 27 pts and over 440 yrds of offense themselves (you would not think they had enough possession time to do that much, given the domination of the Mavs offense)

RJ, that was earlier in the year and Marshall has about 4 guys they run in every angle, hole, side of the field.. NL has.. Smith?

Hallsville run defense has gotten a lot better over the course of the season along with their pass defense.. there are some quick boys on that side of the ball.