• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RJ31
Originally posted by geauxtiger3

Well, like all you MP people say.. "at least they won"

What?

I'm not an MP person. Did you mean to post this somewhere else... like say.. an MP thread?:whome:

lol, no.. I was just saying that in another thread I was saying MP gave up 93 points in the last two games as oppose to Whitehouse giving up 93 in all of district.. and people were saying "at least they won" lol. sorry I got off topic a bit but it just reminded me of that.

In my opinion, it has everything to do with the style of offense employed by the opposition. Hallsville seemed to do fairly well against the teams that lined up and ran straight at them. Marshall spread them out and that was the difference....who knows, maybe that was just a bad game or maybe every team could do that if they tried.

My prediction is that Smith will get his 200+ yards and Hallsville will win by two touchdowns.....something like 35-21. I'm not going to say that Hallsville will stop Smith, but he can't keep up with Hallsville's offense by himself.

Originally posted by Living4Christ

In my opinion, it has everything to do with the style of offense employed by the opposition. Hallsville seemed to do fairly well against the teams that lined up and ran straight at them. Marshall spread them out and that was the difference....who knows, maybe that was just a bad game or maybe every team could do that if they tried.

My prediction is that Smith will get his 200+ yards and Hallsville will win by two touchdowns.....something like 35-21. I'm not going to say that Hallsville will stop Smith, but he can't keep up with Hallsville's offense by himself.

Sounds like a reasonable prediction. I'm still going with NL.

Now i have came to some conclusions just some theories of my own. But personally i think these arent the most accurate but somewhat of an idea.

Whitehouse

Kilgore > Paris

Marshal > Texas High (had to use them twice, i think they could top any other 11 4a team)

Henderson - Sulphur Springs

Jacksonville - ?

We both beat MP (hallsville on the bigger win). But i personally think Hallsville has had the harder year. Stats don't mean a thing in this game. It's all on who wants it more, who brings the A game, and who can control the ball. Looks to me NL has a key player, little, fast. That will most likely hurt the bobcats. But in district play, they havent had as much trouble.(avoiding the Marshal game). NL doesnt seem to aware of Kendrick. He is fast, i beleive he was one of the top finishers in track also. Over look him, try to stop him. you have 4 more receivers who can catch well. cover them, watch out for Shane on the scramble.

sounds like a game of offence. But considering NL played (3A?) teams at the beggining of the season with the bigger wins. I dont think they're defence is goin to be able to hold on to the pass/run plays Hallsville has to offer.

Hallsville-34 North Lamar-14

Go CATS!!!!:smileybanger:

Originally posted by HvilleCat23

But considering NL played (3A?) teams at the beggining of the season with the bigger wins....

Here are North Lamar's non-district games...

A - Texarkana Liberty-Eylau L 14-13 (3A playoff team)

H - Broken Bow, Okla. W 42-10 (enrollment is under 700, so they are 3A in Texas)

A - New Boston W 20-6 (3A playoff team)

H - Texarkana Pleasant Grove W 49-0 (3A playoff team - 3-7 record)

A - Commerce W 41-8 (3A)

Here are Hallsville's non-district games....

H - Lost to Palestine 28-27 (state-ranked in 3A)

A - Beat Atlanta 35-20 (3A playoff team)

H - Beat Mount Pleasant 35-21 (4A playoff team)

Guest bleedsbluengold24

I dont think they're defence is goin to be able to hold on to the pass/run plays Hallsville has to offer.

Hallsville-34 North Lamar-14

Go CATS!!!!:smileybanger:

You might want to ask Paris or T-High about our defense. T-High won that game, but our defense was in their face all night, sacks, pressures, etc.

NL wins.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

oops i mean TX high over marshal!!:harhar: and what about district game stats?

Antowoine ran for about nine miles. Faulkner passed for slightly less than that. We made a ton of tackles and got some sacks, not to mention a few interceptions. We scored a lot of points, and lost three games (one non-district, two district).

Should have beaten LE. Should have beaten Lindale. Could have beaten T-High, that night (don't dispute that if your weren't there to see the game).

No really. Sorry, I really don't have any stats in front of me. Try again when RJ31 gets online.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

ok thank you Bleeds!

Anything I can do to help, 'cause that's just the kind of guy I am.

I don't know that we have anything else to add to this matchup. At least it's staying civil!

The best we can hope for is the better team wins and all the players come out uninjured and everyone travels too and from the game safely!

I think we can all agree to that!

I will add that Fry is an awesome athlete. He won't be standing tall like Mallett. Nothing against Mallett - his game is based on his strength and height- not his scrambling ability.

Fry is an all-state baseball player (shortstop) to boot and a good basketball player. He will be hard to sack due to his speed and his throwing the ball away when needed. Which hopefully won't be often.

That tickled me bleeds when you replied to HCat23. Good job.

NL's district scores:

*Lost to Texas High 30-21

*Beat Paris 28-17

*Beat Mount Pleasant 33-27 (OT)

*Lost to Lindale 34-20

*Beat Sulphur Springs 40-8

I forgot to mention that we have a really hard time kicking PATs and there is virtually no shot that we win on a FG. We lost our kicker at midseason to a broken foot (at least that's what I was told happened).

Hmm, that's interesting. Hallsville's kicker was first-team preseason all-district, but he's been a little inconsistent. He has been very good on extra point attempts, but FG's have only been maybe 50/50. He does have a strong leg, though. The first game of the season (against Palestine when Hallsville blew a 27-0 halftime lead), Barber attempted a 40-yard FG with about 60 seconds remaining and it was wide left, but had plenty of distance.

Originally posted by bleedsbluengold24

oops i mean TX high over marshal!!:harhar: and what about district game stats?

Antowoine ran for about nine miles. Faulkner passed for slightly less than that. We made a ton of tackles and got some sacks, not to mention a few interceptions. We scored a lot of points, and lost three games (one non-district, two district).

Should have beaten LE. Should have beaten Lindale. Could have beaten T-High, that night (don't dispute that if your weren't there to see the game).

No really. Sorry, I really don't have any stats in front of me. Try again when RJ31 gets online.

I wasn't at the TH game so I won't dispute that. But to say

you "should have beat Lindale" - I will dispute. That game was dominated by Lindale. Smith had about 150 yards which

is low for him, and NL never stopped Lindale. Maybe it's time

to give them a little credit. They were pretty darn good.

As a matter of fact, they dominated MP ( about 485 yards for Lindale to about 285 for MP.) Unfortunately, Lindale led

in turnovers too. And yes I do know that turnovers are part

of the game. Good luck to all 11-4A teams in the playoffs.

It was an interesting year for all of us.

Originally posted by Living4Christ
Originally posted by golffingnut

Are you covering the game?

Yes and I'll be at the WH/Mt. Pleasant game, too. :thumbsup: I can't wait!

Whitehouse said I could come to their tailgate party at 11 so you can drop me at the parking lot. LOL

Guest bleedsbluengold24

I wasn't at the TH game so I won't dispute that. But to say

you "should have beat Lindale" - I will dispute. That game was dominated by Lindale. Smith had about 150 yards which

is low for him, and NL never stopped Lindale. Maybe it's time

to give them a little credit. They were pretty darn good.

As a matter of fact, they dominated MP ( about 485 yards for Lindale to about 285 for MP.) Unfortunately, Lindale led

in turnovers too. And yes I do know that turnovers are part

of the game. Good luck to all 11-4A teams in the playoffs.

It was an interesting year for all of us.

Don't get me wrong. Didn't mean to take anything away from Lindale. They played a solid game and dominated us. We had played well enough previously this season to win this game. I guess what I should have said was that we could have beaten them. We did not adjust to their offensive or defensive schemes all night. When they brought their secondary in to stop Antowoine, we didn't go long like we could have and had done many times this season. We didn't adjust coverage to prevent the short slant.

Lot's of things we had been doing all season we didn't do against Lindale, and I'm still not sure why. But that game is over.

I think Lindale will do well in 4A football. They definitely have some of us scratching our heads.

Good luck to all the 11-4A teams. Let's make it a sweep.