Hallsville vs. North Lamar, 4A Division II bi-district

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bobcat1976

It has been my feeling as I have studied the various polls and prognosticators around the state that Hallsville usually is often a little overrated by some of the ETx area folks (Like Smoakey) but being an unknown around the state, usually underrated by pollsters in other areas of the state. Texas High is well known and if you play them close you get more "love" in the ratings.

I don't doubt NL's ability, but I am betting on a Hallsville win on Saturday.

Calpreps is based out of California. It should not have any local bias. I am not sure how accurate it is. Just a talking point.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by Bobcat1976

What is the enrollment at NL ? Is it growing or not ?

Website only says over 900 in the HS. We are growing.

Originally posted by CAPTTIGER

were the muckelroy's related to robert newhouse or was that a different rb i am thinking of?

Clint Ingram is Robert's cousin I think..

Clint was a starter at LB for OU & wore Robert's number (44) (Sr. 05 @ OU, he was a H'ville grad in about '99 or '00)

There was another cousin name Albert Newhouse (also wore #44), played MLB at Hallsville in about '83 to "85.

Originally posted by RJ31

NL vs MP

Antowoine Smith rushed for 393 yards and 5 tds.

20 of his rushes were for seven yards or more.

The write up doesn't have any of the other stats in it.

I think it's safe to say that MP has no run defense. :whome: Shivers and Kennedy may run all day on them!

Originally posted by bordertown

Any Muckelroy's still playing at Hallsville?

Clint Ingram is a cousin of Robert Newhouse, but I wasn't aware of any relation to the Muckelroy clan. While there are currently no Muckelroy's playing for Hallsville, they do have two cousins, (who are also brothers) James and Vic Williams that have a big role on the team....stay tuned for a feature in the LNJ on Saturday. :whistle:

Guest bleedsbluengold24

I think it's safe to say that MP has no run defense. :whome: Shivers and Kennedy may run all day on them!

You may be right, Living. But late in their season (almost too late) MP proved they could match teams point for point. In other words, their offense can make up for what their defense may give away. They have a D9 Cat they put a jersey on and call it a running back.

IMHO, they will be in it 'til the end.

MP by 6.

Originally posted by CAPTTIGER

can it be read on line?

Yes, it will be available sometime early Saturday morning....like 1 a.m. if you just can't wait! :yay:

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by HvilleCat23

Well from my predictions, its one guy against a whole offence it SOUNDS like. I saw NLs passing game. The qb did great, but for the recievers. The passes bounced off of their chests or out of hands. I saw one good pass the whole game.

Don't underestimate NL's offenSe.

No UNDERestimating bleeds. Just from what i hear. I saw NL play before impressive! But i saw nearly all run plays that game for both teams. I hope NL doesnt underestimate the coaches at Hville. or at least combine the two so NL could get deepin into playoffs! If not a 12 4a team to go deep into the playoffs at least an 11 4a.:shrug: