Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by geauxtiger3
Originally posted by bleedsbluengold24

what is NL QB numbers on the year?

7...ha ha couldn't resist.

not feeling humored.. come again?

jersey number is 7. it was a joke...git it?

I guess I'm trying to figure out if NL has a better pass defense or run defense.... Would it be safe to say that Mallet had 319 yards by getting rid of the ball quickly?

Originally posted by RJ31

Antowoine Smith's numbers through the regular season:

He averaged 32.4 carries a game and rushed for a 241.1 yards a game, finishing with 2,411 yards and 29 rushing touchdowns.

That is very impressive... He was not running against weak team either...

Hallsville as a team rushed for about 1800 yards on the season,

passed for about 2000 more. Hallsville strength I think is versatility. Whatever opponents key on they can do something else and do it well.

Defense has had trouble with quick running backs rather than with big strong RBs. They can clog up the line but have a little trouble defending the corners. Marshall ran crazy getting their backs into the secondary before the line even touched them.

No other team has been able to do that to them. Whitehouse has a good passing team and Hallsville took away the long routes and the running game and WH was able to survive on short passes. (Hallsville had that game won, but lost it on a kick-off return late in the 4th 22-19)

It sounds to me like the Bobcats might have a hard time stopping Smith. I believe I read that he is a "scat back" ... small and quick. Just the kind of back that they have struggled against.

This game is gonna be close.

Hallsville needs to control the time of possession. They have played best when they drive the ball down the field and don't waist downs on long attempts.

They have also shown the ability to convert 3rd downs at a high rate. (I would guess about 65%). They usually go on 4th down if they are past midfield and it seems like they have converted 75% of those as well.

Lots being said about a running NL team...but many coaches will tell you, the element of surprise is a handy jewel to have in your back pocket...but when you can 1) control the clock, 2) control the line, 3) control the scoreboard, and 4) finish 2nd in district, you don't have to air it out...but it's handy if necessary and it will burn you bad!

Sure Smithagain is tired this week, but he's like the energizer bunny, he keeps going, and going, and going.... Carr and Johnson can surprise everyone...and who knows, there may be a 'hoss' brought up from the JV as an assurance policy!!!!! :updown:

Guest bleedsbluengold24

One could (hopefully) assume that LD called a one-dimensional game Friday night on purpose. No need in showing all our tricks in the only game the opponent probably scouted.

Our bag of tricks is deep. I have this picture in my mind of Elwood Blues taking the stage, reaching into his pocket and retrieving the key to his black bag which contained his harmonica.

Pantherpaw, you're in charge of making sure Elwood, aka Mr. Football, aka LD doesn't leave that key at the field house.

what is NL QB numbers on the year?

7...ha ha couldn't resist.

not feeling humored.. come again?

jersey number is 7. it was a joke...git it?

I get it!:whome:

Originally posted by Living4Christ

I guess I'm trying to figure out if NL has a better pass defense or run defense.... Would it be safe to say that Mallet had 319 yards by getting rid of the ball quickly?

NL is MUCH better against the run than against the pass. They are good at putting pressure on the QB, but not good in coverage. That is the main weakness on the whole team.

We lost our best cover man in the secondary (Justin Clayton) due to a health issue. It has been a problem all year, but really since we lost him.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

No stats at my fingertips. Only this; NL has been very successful when the OC called passing plays. Ask T-High and Paris. We have a QB who has come into his own as a passer and a leader. He has good composure in the pocket and can pass acurately while scrambling.

Our OC has been very stingy with his pass plays this year. But is it an effective weapon in our arsenal. Thing is, you never know when he's going to go to the pass. SS didn't see, and as a result, Hallsville may not have seen it either.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

We lost our best cover man in the secondary (Justin Clayton) due to a health issue. It has been a problem all year, but really since we lost him.

On the positive side of that, his replacement, Matt "Bozo" Bozarth got an interception against SS.

Please don't misunderstand, Matt's a good kid, but you're right, we miss JC.