Hallsville (TX)

with a final score of 27 - 21.

Should be a good game.

I just noticed they didn't get the game day right. :whome:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallsville is gonna make up for all the years they should have gone to the playoffs and didn't git to. Besides they are winners from the inside out, their coaches originate from Kilgore High School. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Hallsville 17

NL 10

23_165_1.gifimage.gif

i haven't been to a NL game this year, seeing as how i'm 4 hours away now. but from what i read and what i've heard from people this season, i feel that hallsville will have a very difficult time with them. pullin for the panthers. i have faith that they'll pull it out

These posts are playing out alot like I thought they would. 11-4a is picking NL - 12-4a is picking Hallsville. Right now Hville leads the poll 56-27. I would wager a bet that 67% or there abouts of the folks are from the 12-4a coverage area.

There is something about believing your district's teams are better than the opposing district's teams unless there is just overwhelming evidence to suggest different (TH-Nac). I think subconsciously it validates your home team.

I just honestly believe that 12-4a outside of Texas High is superior to 11-4a. I'm sure that alot of 11-4a folks believe that 11-4a is superior.:happy:

That's how it should be when your supporting your district!

If you really look at it, the propensity for logging on to smoaky's is much greater in east texas and NL is on the outer western edge of the strongest portion of the listeners/viewers...certainly I would expect there to be more h-ville fans who log on than panthers...would like to see a plot of where the isp's come from...still bettin' on the blue and gold!

Dave Campbell usually messes up the rankings inside 12-4a bad. I put very little stock in what Dave Campbell says. Not to down Marshall but he had them the runaway champ this season.

That is the point that I am making pp2006. This poll is entertaining but not factually accurate. But I promise you Dave Campbell is further off than this.

The NL db's will have to be track stars to keep up with Hville's receivers because they can fly. I promise you Hallsville will throw the ball. It's the natural part of their offense.

Originally posted by bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by HvilleCat23

Well from my predictions, its one guy against a whole offence it SOUNDS like. I saw NLs passing game. The qb did great, but for the recievers. The passes bounced off of their chests or out of hands. I saw one good pass the whole game.

Don't underestimate NL's offenSe.

BleedS you are hilariouS man. I juSt read back through the poStS and caught your grammar leSSon.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

The NL db's will have to be track stars to keep up with Hville's receivers because they can fly. I promise you Hallsville will throw the ball. It's the natural part of their offense.

Have you seen NL play? Here's the thing. Unless you've seen all of NL's game this year, it would be almost impossible to say what they can or can't do, or what we will or won't do.

We have shown A LOT of looks this year. Track stars or not, we've had a decent number of picks this year.

In all my posts, I have stopped short of making predictions about the outcome of round one for NL. The last prediction I made was that we would beat Lindale. For obvious reasons, I stopped after that. The next game, we won 40-8, with every yard earned on the ground.

As I said in another thread, don't underestimate NL. Most of the time, even us die-hard fans don't know what look we'll come out with.

Go NL!

MP by 6.

Here is where I have faith in Hallsville's defense. Their db's are fast fast fast and good cover men. If the run gets too tough they can load the box and still should be able to cover passes. I wouldn't doubt that they come out like that.

Trick plays and turnovers are what bother me. Also the Bobcats have had trouble with kickoff and punt returns. A return most likely cost them the district championship.

I don't underestimate NL. We are pretty used to going to the playoffs and know better. We have won every game in the playoffs in recent years that we were picks or favored. We have only lost when we were extreme underdogs. (Brenham - Ennis). It's not underestimating NL - it's just confidence in the Bobcats and their coaching staff to do what is necessary to win this game. Don't take it as arrogance or cockiness by me. It's not. It's a homer's faith in the whole team.

They proved themselves to me this year when they beat Kilgore at Kilgore in a must win for both teams. Then they beat Jacksonville when Jville was fighting for their lives. Beating these two teams back to back with it all on the line doesn't happen but once in a blue moon. The Cats know how to win big games down the stretch and I believe it will help on Saturday.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Hey dude, no one appreciates homer faith any more than me. But I still can't get a good idea of how good Hville is in relationship to NL. No kidding, I've heard everything from NL doesn't have a chance to the same about Hville.

I've got an idea. Let's all show up in Mesquite on Saturday and find out for ourselves.

Here's to a safe game, victorious for us.

Originally posted by Catmaniac

We have won every game in the playoffs in recent years that we were picks or favored. We have only lost when we were extreme underdogs. (Brenham - Ennis)

Hey, I picked Hallsville, but I can't let that statement go....Hallsville has won one playoff game this decade and has just three playoff wins in the last 40 years, so they aren't exactly known for their postseason dominance.

The last two years NL had basically the same offense with a great back that ran the ball 50 times a game. They also had a decent kicker. This season they have no kicking game (xtra points are an experience, not even thinking about field goals)

Consider the fact that NL has NEVER won a playoff game and I have to go with Hallsville. I feel the kicker will be the difference. The quarterback has played well this year, but he's a hothead that will get mad easily if he's hit a few times.

I'll say Hallsville 35-27

L4Christ, I consider the current age of Bobcat football to be Adams-Plunk era. Using those terms here is the breakdown of the recent playoffs. I realize recent is in the eye of the beholder:

'99 2-1 beat Waller (I think was their name) and Port Arthur Lincoln. Lost to La Marque

'00 0-1 lost to Corsicana 10-9

'03 1-1 beat Adrian Peterson's Palestine and lost to Ennis

'04 best Hallsville team that never made the playoffs

'05 0-1 in by default (lost to highly ranked Brenham team ,#4 in state if I remember right) in a hardfought closely contested game. Brenham went on to take out LaMarque who took out Kilgore.

Overall 3-4 in playoffs but never lost to a team that wasn't ranked very high in state and overwhelming favorites. So I stand by what I said.

'06 I expect the trend to continue!

Guest bleedsbluengold24

BleedS you are hilariouS man. I juSt read back through the poStS and caught your grammar leSSon.

Let's all hope you're not the only one who did.

LOL!

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Consider the fact that NL has NEVER won a playoff game and I have to go with Hallsville. I feel the kicker will be the difference. The quarterback has played well this year, but he's a hothead that will get mad easily if he's hit a few times.

I'll say Hallsville 35-27

You must be talking about the old John Faulkner. He has proven this season he has the ability to keep his cool in adverse conditions. He has matured considerably since last season. The best way to keep him from losing his head after he's been hit a few times is to not let that happen. So far, we have had success at doing that.

Not to say John doesn't have a temper. He does. If you know John like we do, you know he is a different QB on the field this year.

Go NL!

MP by 6