Hallsville vs. North Lamar, 4A Division II bi-district

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by HvilleCat23

I've seen Hallsville have lots of fun with Qb's this year! he'll get mad.

Yeah, we had done some things earlier on in our season that led us to believe we would have an easy time with Lindale. But all those games we won, didn't win that game for us, did it?

All that fun your boys had with those other QB's won't win the game for you Saturday. You still have to show up and play.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed Bleeds well have to show up and play at best! I cant wait for kickoff time! I hope NL doesnt run with a little guy on the outside all the time or we'll have trouble. Or say how we USED to. I think we did great on stopping the run on the top running teams. (aside from marshal).

Guest bleedsbluengold24

yall have a good O line?:hmmm:

Faulkner has been sacked very few times this year. Still looking for exactly how many. But our line has been able to protect him pretty well this season.

Or...I could be lying.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by rabfan

if the bobcats will get their running game going and take advantage of that great running attack they have i think they'll win this one by two TD's

Tell your son "Thanks".

Indeed Bleeds well have to show up and play at best! I cant wait for kickoff time! I hope NL doesnt run with a little guy on the outside all the time or we'll have trouble. Or say how we USED to. I think we did great on stopping the run on the top running teams. (aside from marshal).

I do think that this will be a close game, but I'm not sure how you figure you guys have been great this year versus the run when you're giving up around 200 yards per game on average.

Originally posted by bleedsbluengold24

yall have a good O line?:hmmm:

Faulkner has been sacked very few times this year. Still looking for exactly how many. But our line has been able to protect him pretty well this season.

Or...I could be lying.

When you have one back carrying the ball 50 times a game the quarterback isn't going to get sacked a lot.

Originally posted by SportsFan306

Is Survia healthy for Hallsville? If he is I think Hallsville takes this one. They have an explosive offense.

David Plunk said Survia was rested last week for precautionary reasons and he will be ready to go this week at about 90-95%.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

I think survia is going to have a great night :lol:

Is it safe to assume a player who is not 100% will have a "great" night? If so, you assume his "greatness" will overcome the 5-10% deficit from which he starts, then add a "great" level of play to that.

He must be one "great" player.

And just would a rookie know about such things? lol....Sorry, it's a house rule that we all automatically ignore a new person's first post. :mf_tongue::rofl:

Getting ready to head to the game in a little while. I just wanted to say that I hope and pray everyone on both sides has a safe journey. I hope all the kids come out uninjured and all sides show great sportsmanship.

I look forward to a very entertaining game regardless of who wins. Playoff time is great!

One more question. Which team is the home team? I assume that NL is home by the way it is written Hallsville vs. NL but I'm not sure that is correct. Anyone help?

Originally posted by bayshore1

"Plano boy?" where did that come from???? :hmmm: I'm not from Plano.... who says that I picked gilmer to beat LE?? All I'm saying is that 12-4A was very week this year and I'd be surprised to see WH and H'Ville both win... I expect both to lose...but if the make it this week I'd bet big money next week will be there last!! If I'm wrong I'd gladly eat crow... because I'd love to see someone from 12-4A go all the way!!!

Say Bayshore... I'm from 11-4A and I'm familiar with those 12-4A schools because we play against each other all the time in non-district.

You absolutely CANNOT discredit 12-4A. And what exactly is your definition of a down year? Because it sounds like you're saying it's a down year for MARSHALL & KILGORE, which are usually pretty dominant in the district.

With that being said, WHITEHOUSE has been simply solid this year. They surprised me too, but Coach Randy McFarlin coached me in MOUNT PLEASANT when we went to the State Semi-Finals in '95 and lost to Denison 13-8. Believe me, that Coach McFarlin knows what he's doing. WHITEHOUSE will be good again next year.

HALLSVILLE had another solid year as well as usual, and were consistently ranked in the state's Top 40 teams in 4A all year long. And NO ONE picked NACOGDOCHES to make the playoffs in 12-4A, but look at those Dragons.

12-4A was solid this season. They were 5 teams deep. There was no clear shot to the District Championship because teams were just that good.

MARSHALL & KILGORE both had respectable seasons. They were just in situations where games could've went either way. They both could easily be 8-2 or 9-1 teams again. Just didn't work out this time around.

12-4A will be very interesting next season... and this is from a guy from an 11-4A school.

Originally posted by myronyellow

And what exactly is your definition of a down year? Because it sounds like you're saying it's a down year for MARSHALL & KILGORE, which are usually pretty dominant in the district.

And NO ONE picked NACOGDOCHES to make the playoffs in 12-4A, but look at those Dragons.

:whome: It's funny you would say that....Bayshore is another huffy Kilgore fan and you nailed him! That being said, 12-4A is "down" in that nobody is going to win state. However, compared to most other districts, it is still very strong. Whitehouse and Hallsville will combine to win some games for sure.

As for Nac, I actually picked the district to finish #1 Kilgore, #2 Hallsville, #3 Nacogdoches....at the preseason press gathering, I was talking into putting Marshall @ 3 and Nac @ 4, but I'm definitely not surprised Nac made the playoffs. What I am surprised by is that both Kilgore and Marshall missed the playoffs. I won't even pretend that I saw Whitehouse coming.

Originally posted by Catmaniac

One more question. Which team is the home team? I assume that NL is home by the way it is written Hallsville vs. NL but I'm not sure that is correct. Anyone help?

Hallsville is the home team.