The Evil Empire

CAPTTIGER

In baseball the Yankees have been called the evil empire. In the NFL it has pretty much always been the Raiders...so, which Texas High School football team would you consider "The Evil Empire"? SLC, H.Park, Lufkin, Celina or whoever..........

Years ago it would have definately been Odessa Permian.........

Today, I think Celina would get a lot of votes up in their neck of the woods.

In East Texas, I think Gilmer is close to that status.

Oh by the way, it wouldn't surprise me to see this thread deleted.

One started yesterday with a similar theme bit the dust overnight.

Since so many people like to bash the efforts of the Tigers, I'll have to go with Daingerfield. Between Celina, Midland Greenwood, Gilmer, Pittsburg, Pewitt, Hughes Springs, Mt. Pleasant, and countless others, Daingerfield is the most hated program in the state of Texas because of their successes in the past.

Ada (OK) was the evil empire in oklahoma. 19 state titles(football, 96 total state titles!) Nobody has done that yet here. Everyone hated them! Who here, has the most state titles? (Football, and everything else too). Anyone with more than 10 state titles? How about 7? How about overall? Anyone with more than 40 state titles in all sports?

I know Brenham is in the Governor's cup about every year... Anyone out there know who's REALLY been successful?

well, I know Alto has gone pretty deep in football playoffs for years, with the exception of last year and 2003. Also, they are well-known in track, usually getting at least one gold medal at state every year. Also, their softball team has a state championship from a few years back and has gone to the 3rd round at least almost every year following. Their girls basketball also usually shows up to the playoffs too, but I won't be expecting them this year. All-in-all, I think they should deserve at least mention in this topic.

Originally posted by Cougar4Life

Ada (OK) was the evil empire in oklahoma. 19 state titles(football, 96 total state titles!) Nobody has done that yet here. Everyone hated them! Who here, has the most state titles? (Football, and everything else too). Anyone with more than 10 state titles? How about 7? How about overall? Anyone with more than 40 state titles in all sports?

I know Brenham is in the Governor's cup about every year... Anyone out there know who's REALLY been successful?

My guess it the Scots are dominant in Texas sports lore.