Is Tiger's run for the record now over?

TJC_fan

Is Tiger's run for consecutive tourney wins now over? Or is this like boxing's numerous heavyweight belts ... there's the American only, the European, the Americans' tourney, but in Asia .. match play, stroke play.. playing every week, taking off for a week or two .. or three .. or four before playing again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Byron Nelson's record safe for another day? I can't tell anymore.

Used to, the Grand Slam had to be accomplished with the same calendar year ... then they created the Tiger Slam ... over a two-year period.

All I know is that Nelson played 11 straight weeks .. and won .. but played long enough to get enough money to buy a ranch in Texas. If he'd needed more money ... he'd continue to play "the next week". Evidently, by winning, he accomplished his goal "in 11 weeks" ... A RECORD FOR CONSECUTIVE WINS!!!!

He didn't have the money to travel overseas to play in Europe or travel to Asia or Saudia Arabia to play there.

Anyway, the question is .... IS TIGER'S DRIVE FOR THE RECORD 11 TOURNEY WINS IN AROW OVER????????????????

I am reading this as a comparison of Woods vs Nelson's streak of 11. I would say if one were going to compare the 2 then Woods would have to play and win 12 consecutive tournaments with no lay off to say he broke the record. Taking time off in between, which is totally his business, would take him out of Nelson's league in my opinion. However, how tough was Nelson's competition as compared to Tigers? One of those things we will never know!