North Lamar vs. Lake Dallas

RJ31

Guest bleedsbluengold24

It would appear as though there are quite a few folks who know as much about Lake D as myself, nothing.

I'm checking.

RJ

Thanks for the play by play during the game. I was unable to attend and I was not able to get a good enough internet connection to listen. My dad and I sat at the computer and watched every post as you made them.

We did'nt care to much for the fact that your team was better than ours but we were glad you took the time to keep us posted.

We hope to attend as many of NL playoff games as possible as you continue to represent East Texas in the following weeks. Good luck and see you at the games.

Congradulations to NL for a good win. RJ31 I'm surprised you weren't at the game. Where do you work that you couldn't get off?

All I know about Lake Dallas is someone was talking earlier in the year on old coach about how strong all the teams in that district was including Lake Dallas.

Originally posted by Bobcat1976

RJ

Thanks for the play by play during the game. I was unable to attend and I was not able to get a good enough internet connection to listen. My dad and I sat at the computer and watched every post as you made them.

We did'nt care to much for the fact that your team was better than ours but we were glad you took the time to keep us posted.

We hope to attend as many of NL playoff games as possible as you continue to represent East Texas in the following weeks. Good luck and see you at the games.

It was my pleasure... I will do the same on Saturday, but I'm going to miss the first hour of the game because of work. I'll start the play by play ASAP.

Originally posted by flanker

Congradulations to NL for a good win. RJ31 I'm surprised you weren't at the game. Where do you work that you couldn't get off?

All I know about Lake Dallas is someone was talking earlier in the year on old coach about how strong all the teams in that district was including Lake Dallas.

I was off, but I'm four weeks away from finishing grad school, and I'm swamped. If I went to the game, I also had to go to Thanksgiving dinner with my wife's family in Irving, and I would have lost an entire day that I could have been writing papers and taking tests. I couldn't do that. :no:

I just need them to keep winning through December 10th, and I'll be at all of the games after that.

I'll be perfectly honest with all of you guys, since it's east Texas versus the metroplex, and I don't think any Lake Dallas guys are on here. I'm really nervous about this game. It looks like Lake Dallas has a very good backfield. Both their TB and QB have rushed for over 1200 yards. The TB is one of the scoring leaders in the metroplex in 4A. They also have a good WR and pretty large offensive line.

Their bread and butter is the run. They pass kind of the same way that we do.

I don't know about their defense yet.

I'm a little nervous, but I still think that if we play a good game we can win.

Geauxtiger3...

I do like your predictions...meant to check out Max myself. Know we welcome all E.TX fans on the Panthers' side...Like my buddy RJ, I'm anxious about Lake Dallas but I do have a great deal of confidence in our team and they've learned how adversity can be dealt with...we're pretty tough against the run...but if they have any air attack, I'll bet on a couple of picks!

Panthers by 6-8....nothing to bragadocious, just smash-mouth football!!!

Can't hide my Panther pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bye::rolleyes::happy65::happy65::)

Hey! you guys took out one of my 12-4a faithful! I'm on your train now.

I was much suprised at how effective the passing game was last week.. hopefully, NL won't get too prone on that (highly doubtful with Smith in the backfield) but stick to what they have done best.. RUN RUN RUN! If they have to pass every now and then to keep the defense honest then so beat it. Having Clayton(?) back proves to be a good thing.. (see NL vs. Hallsville).

Good luck to the Panthers this week.. playing in the same stadium at the same exact time as last week.. hopefully they will feel even more comfortable in their surroundings.

Bring another win to East Texas.

aside question.. before last saturday night, has NL played in stadiums with just grass?

Lake Dallas is about Team. I have seen both teams up close this year and I will give the nod to LD. I know, they are only 2 miles from my house but I am not being a homer. They can make a run pretty deep. So my prediction is 25-22 Lake Dallas.

If you like smash mouth football, this will be a good game.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Originally posted by geauxtiger3

Hey! you guys took out one of my 12-4a faithful! I'm on your train now.

I was much suprised at how effective the passing game was last week.. hopefully, NL won't get too prone on that (highly doubtful with Smith in the backfield) but stick to what they have done best.. RUN RUN RUN! If they have to pass every now and then to keep the defense honest then so beat it. Having Clayton(?) back proves to be a good thing.. (see NL vs. Hallsville).

Good luck to the Panthers this week.. playing in the same stadium at the same exact time as last week.. hopefully they will feel even more comfortable in their surroundings.

Bring another win to East Texas.

aside question.. before last saturday night, has NL played in stadiums with just grass?

1) We knew all along how effective our passing game was. We were just playing our hands close to the vest.

2) Turf is by far the exception in our district. Most of our games were on grass.

3) Having Clayton back is definitely a plus for NL. If he is on the field, anything can happen, on either side of the line.

If our boys remained focused on this game and not the potential of going to another game next week, we should be able to stay with Lake D. We managed to make the needed adjustments at halftime against Hallsville and come back and win the game going away. I'm concerned about waiting until then to make those adjustments, though against Lake D. Our coaches have to stay in this game too. We have not, in some instances this season, put our guys in a winning position when we should have. Can't do that from now on out. I thought our OC did a good job Saturday. And as I said, defensive adjustments were made at halftime that enabled us to hold, frustrate, and get into the domes of the Hallsville players.

Needless to say, the deeper into the playoffs a team gets, the more costly early mistakes (missed routes, missed tackles, missed blocks, etc) will be. Our O-line has to tighten up. Got a little tired late in the game last Saturday. We have to do something about all the arm tackling. Cost us some long runs against Hallsville. Credit the agility of Hallsville's backfield for some of that, keeping our D off balance and out of position. We've got to put the facemask on the numbers and wrap up their ball carriers.

As usual, I will stop short of making a prediction. Knowing nothing about Lake D, I don't feel comfortable giving the thumbs up or down on this one. Hopefully, we can put together the right combination again and drain the Lake.

Go Panthers!

Go T-Town Tigers!

Originally posted by geauxtiger3

Based on the recent performance of both teams, MaxPreps predicts on: 11/25/2006

North Lamar (Paris, TX)

will beat

Lake Dallas (Corinth, TX)

with a final score of 34 - 20

:hmmm:

I like!