Independence Stadium was not fan friendly!

jd63238

I was initially excited about the location of the Texas High/Highland Park game being in Shreveport, but many improvements need to take place for Texas schools to consider in the future. Independence Stadium proved unworthy of Texas playoffs in my mind. Locked restrooms in upper deck, and only one full service concession stand on Texas High side. The Concession lines were probably 30 to 45 minutes. After charging $5 to park, you think they could have opened up the restrooms up top. One person making minimum wage could have cleaned the restrooms in less than an hour. It was $10 a person to get in game. There was no telling how much money the people running the concessions lost by keeping everything closed, but I do not care about their profits; only the inconvenience it caused the fans. A little bit of common sense can go a long way in hosting a playoff football game, and Indy, TH, or someone missed the mark terribly.

I for one, am totally against Esst Texas teams giving in to the Metroplex teams and playing them in the Metroplex. I thought Shreveport was an excellent choice, but Independence Stadium or someone needs to do a better job in hosting games, if they want East Texas business in the future.

I was at the TH v HP game and it was a great performance by a very talented and well coached TH team.

All the BS about needing a stadium that will seat 20,000 is just that... BS...

There were about 8,000 on the TH side and no more than 5,000 on the HP side (this is being generous).

There would have been plenty of room in Rose.

HP just wanted to play in the Metroplex. This is what all the whining amounted to.

Congrats to TH on a great showing in both fan support and in performance on the field!!

Originally posted by clawsnstripes

it was a good venue in my opinion. should've never been played there if hp had agreed to tyler. the hp coach did call however the day after and said they'd "settle" for tyler, our coach refused. lots of trash talk from hp fans around the parking lot before the game....couldn't find them afterwards.

HEY CLAWS I ran into the samething . Lots of trash talk from THE KIDS an a FEW adults about how HP was gonna whoop TEXAS HIGH like they did MARSHALL last year . But the only SWEET REVENGE was I was parked RIGHT BESIDE THEM In the PARKING Lot an Guess who waited on them to return to there VEHICLE TO RUB IT IN . HAHAHAHA !!! My buddies an myself HAD A GREAT TIME . GREAT Win for the Tigers

as for the comments about the Stadium . All I can say is you should have done what we done EAT BEFORE THE GAME . An We didn`t have No problems with the Upstairs bathroom cause it was open when we got to it .

Originally posted by leopard

I was shocked by attendance. They estimated 7-8,000. Texas High had about 4,000 fans, more than Highland Park. Now you really have to wonder why they didn't play in Tyler.

the tv reports i saw said t-high had 8,000 and hp 5,000

Originally posted by leopard

I was shocked by attendance. They estimated 7-8,000. Texas High had about 4,000 fans, more than Highland Park. Now you really have to wonder why they didn't play in Tyler.

and know you don't have to wonder....hp did not want to come to any part of east texas! they tried to force thigh to come to the metroplex.....after seeing the game you should be able to see why......the tigers did a great job both in the pre-game site selection phase as well as on the field.

You could not have drawn up the outcome of the game any better---------being able to dominate HP and then play our reserves the last half of the fourth quarter------Could not have asked for a better ending to a Texas High performance--------IT WAS A TEAM EFFORT--------GO TIGERS AND DON'T TAKE NEXT WEEKS OPPENENT LIGHTLY

PROUD TO BE A TEXAS HIGH TIGER