Tatum 55 Jeff 21 final

JDawgs2003

Tatum 42-6 in '05

Tatum 55-21 in '06

Gotta find a way to unschedule Tatum in the future! Ya'll were solid in all aspects of the game. As Charlie C. said on the radio "Tatum is just flat better than Jefferson". Good luck to you, Tatum, represent E. Texas. Good season, 'dogs-best record in years.

Complete dismantling by Tatum. They were just better than us. Creer is the best high school running back that I have seen in years. He changes directions and makes cuts at full speed. He never slows. All of Tatum's players at the skill positions are superior. They all have speed to burn and can all make plays. They were really quite impressive to watch.

Guest TtownEagle803

When the score hit 55-7 in the 3rd, coach Evans had the (mop up crew)2nd string and JV players on the field, Jefferson scored against them, and then kicked an onside kick and recovered it and was able to punch it in on the mop up crew a 2nd time.

Creer had a pretty decent night, but Tatum as a team was pretty rowdy in all aspects. Jefferson gave it their all but they were just way outmatched. Tatum has A LOT of talent, gonna be hard to stop. A BUNCH of hard hits tonight, mostly from the Tatum "D". The Junk Yard Dog "D" was pretty relentless tonight. Best of luck to Jefferson on the hardwood and we hope to see ya in round 2 again next year.

Guest TtownEagle803

Yeah.....yall had squib kicked on all the kick offs and tried to get all the punts out of bounds....but let one kickoff fly just a little too deep. Had to be an accident. Nobody has really wanted to kick it deep to us all year. When the ball lands in D-Mo's hands on a kick return it almost always results in 6 points. He finds his lane and once he gets in the open field, there's no catchin him. He can flat out scoot, 3 gold medals in the state track meet and hes lookin for more this year.

Tatum was good, Jefferson hurt themselves by making turnovers. Jefferson did have a good year but it does blow that we couldnt make it all the way. I hope that Tatum wins it all so we can say that we got knocked out by the state champs. Good luck to tatum down the road and oh by the way it has been a privledge playing with the class of 07 i think that this is one of the best classes that have came through jefferson in a while.

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by proudpapa

good job tatum . way to take care of bussiness

We appreciate the support from all of you Troup fans. I hated to see yall fall short, great season Tigers.

Guest TtownEagle803
Originally posted by Sportscentral

First time in 38 years I left a ball game at half time.

A lot of people left early.....Tatum's stands were almost slap full when the game started, after half time there were fewer people, at the start of the 4th you could almost hear crickets, only the Tatum nation was still in the stands, all the neutrals had either took it the the house or shot over to catch another game somewhere. Tatum got A LOT of support from all of the area schools, i thought that was pretty cool.