Marlin vs. TATUM

Tatum_DirtyBird

I've seen plenty of Marlin this year. Don't judge them by the loss to Mart. And until you've seen Mart play, I wouldn't give Tatum an automatic win against them either. Too bad they won't play. Tatum will have all they want with Marlin. You can go ahead and crown Tatum state champs if you want, but I wouldn't be suprised if Marlin wins. They will give them a game. You can count on that.

The thing that gets me is most people on this thread haven't even seem Marlin play. Those that have are a little more cautious.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey wise one i seen marlin saturday they barely squeeked by a so so newton squad, ive been to every tatum game this year and last year.i am pretty cautios about what i say pretty wise myself we are twice as good as newton alot more atheletes and marlin is good but young!!! our defense is alot bigger and faster than newton.hit alot harder too. newton dont have what we have by far,lennon creer, bryce beall,cashus pallard,darnarius moore,chance blackmon the list goes on so marlin you think mart is good wait till friday you will know who is the team to beat in 2a.have you ever seen tatum play? i dont believe you have. you need to double up on the popcorn for the eagles,they can put on a show.lol!!!!

Originally posted by eagleclaw

hey wise one i seen marlin saturday they barely squeeked by a so so newton squad, ive been to every tatum game this year and last year.i am pretty cautios about what i say pretty wise myself we are twice as good as newton alot more atheletes and marlin is good but young!!! our defense is alot bigger and faster than newton.hit alot harder too. newton dont have what we have by far,lennon creer, bryce beall,cashus pallard,darnarius moore,chance blackmon the list goes on so marlin you think mart is good wait till friday you will know who is the team to beat in 2a.have you ever seen tatum play? i dont believe you have. you need to double up on the popcorn for the eagles,they can put on a show.lol!!!!

I've seen Tatum. Watched some of the game against Troup as well as Timpson. And I'm not saying Tatum is bad. I'm saying there is a lot of people here that is underestimating Marlin. Not sure if it's players or fans. Hopefully fans. Not sure which one you are?

Judging Marlin by how they played Mart is worse than judging Tatum by how they played Troup.

Not sure how anyone, including myself, can watch one game and see how a team will match up against another team you've been watching all year. Seems to be a lot of that happening. Just don't be suprised if Marlin comes out and gives them all they can handle.

Originally posted by sotex

Marlin will make this one interesting!

Marlin is making for interesting post material but as far as on the football field I think Tatum holds all the marbles... If the Eagles show up on fire like they did against Jefferson there isn't a 2a team that can handle them (or maybe even 3A)... Tatum 35

Marlin 21

i'm from jefferson and I was the starting tight end for that very strong 94' team. i also played with the 93' team that played the 93' tatum team that reached the semi's against south lake carroll. unfortunately i was at that thrashing tatum put on us fri. night. that tatum team has to much speed and atheletes to lose again. they cruise to the state championship. jefferson can't get a break. this will be like the 4th or 5th team in the last 8 yrs. to knock jefferson out of the playoffs and go on to win the state championship

I do belive that Tatum will win but this will be their close game! Tatum fans dont look for a blow out cuz it aint happening you can hope it will but its not. Marlin will come with their best count on that, If Tatums players have the same overconfidence as some of yall on this thread it will be thump thump time in Tatum!!!

sure do hope it is a good game,it gets old when your watching second striners in their giving up them points,but it is good experiencefor the younger guys. im positive my coach will put our team in the best positions and be focused on these bulldogs.we will be ready!!

Originally posted by TtownEagle803
Originally posted by rabfan

you guys are kidding me right?

it was just in 03' that marlin was in the state championship game with atlanta. trust me, these guys are loaded with athletes and speed. i think tatum will win it but it won't be by more than 14!

They couldnt stay with 14 of their district baby brother Mart(Mart 31 Marlin 7)....what makes you think they will with Tatum?? Theres no way they have the speed that Tatum has, Tatum has some strait BURNERS.

WHAT? Can't the same thing be said of Tatum? If my memory serves me correct Tatum got beat by their district baby brother also? Have you forgotten about Troup?

I really believe that Tatum will win this game but come on, you can't claim that Marlin is going to be a push over based on one loss. Can you?

Originally posted by eagleclaw

sure do hope it is a good game,it gets old when your watching second striners in their giving up them points,but it is good experiencefor the younger guys. im positive my coach will put our team in the best positions and be focused on these bulldogs.we will be ready!!

That's what has me even more worried. That a lot of this talk is coming from the players.

I haven't seen a game played by either team........but I have to pull for Tatum. I don't post a lot, but I read just about every post made on here (including about 10 other boards), and keep online stats on all ET teams. The Stats lean heavily towards Tatum! My Alma Mater got beat by a hungrier team (that paticular night),............I believe Tatum is the real deal this year (and last), and was Gilmers biggest challenge all year.....including LE...even though they lost! GO TATUM......BRING IT HOME FOR ET!

p.s. Please remember that anything can happen, so stay and support these young men until the final whistle...regardless of what happens.

LMBO @ " I saw Tatum play Troup and Timpson ".

Yeah, get Marlin ready for the Tatum team that played Troup and Timpson and it will be a blow out, I promise you. I haven't seen Marlin play, so I will say it might be close, but, I do know what Tatum has, so that is a pretty big MIGHT. Tatum has 11 super-charged engines on both sides of the ball, so they will be hard to stop. I know Tatum can be stopped, but it will be an awfully big chore.

GO GET 'EM EAGLES.

Matter of fact, if Marlin is watching film from any of Tatum's pre-district or district games, they could be in trouble. Tatum is now in their " Playoff Mode " and believe me, it's a whole different team out there. These guys know what's at stake and they have been there before. I hope Marlin gives them a good game, I'm tired of watching blow-outs.

GOOD LUCK EAGLES

i seen marlin and their qb is not as good as jeff. their runnin backs smaller just as fast,receivers are fairly quick.i think our off. and def. lines can wear them down and the rest will take care of itself.we will have to come out ready cause they are talented. i predict 47-27 tatum advances to next round. go eagles-different road same destination!!!!