Is it possible to be a Christian and a Liberal??

crossfire1407

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 1stSuperScot

I suppose that I could go back to my assertion that without God , there is no "goodness" - but that truth was way to cerebral for strawberry.:sad2:

"Truth" was the wrong word, I think you meant theory.

That's right! You jealous? Oh yeah, that reminds me. In the Boise OU thread, you posted "OMG!" If that means the same as all the other OMG's, then you, by definition, can't use that term.:evil2:

Can I use the terms Fudge, Flip, Fetching, Dog Gonit, Dagnabit, Nip It In The Bud, Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire, Sacre Bleu, Dangit or in the immortal words of Roger Miller "Dang Me, Dang Me might as well take a rope and hang me" ? I'm taking this thread on a different tangent, again. :yay:

As for the Boise State/Oklahoma game, I knew Boise State was going to win that game. Now they're debating if it's hook and ladder or hook and lateral ? :whome: Geeze Louise, can we get over it and move on.

The way I see it, I look for the good in people, I don't worry about their "shortcomings", we all have them. I just hope we learn and gain from each other, and become a better person, regardless.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

I think different tangent is always an understatement with you Dave.

The debate between Scot, Middle, Strawberry, the occasional rant by WhouseDlineo4, and myself about God, goodness, truth, theory, Christianity, liberalism, etc, etc, started sometime ago. You're welcome to join in. The more the merrier. But you're going to have to stay on topic. The BSU game reference was only to jab strawberry about a term he used (OMG). You'll have to get him to tell you why that is funny.

But if you're going to join in, you have to start by answering the question the thread poses, "Is it possible to be a Christian and a Liberal??" and back your statement up.

Originally posted by Middle
Originally posted by strawberry66

"Truth" was the wrong word, I think you meant theory.

Ahahahahaha... Superscot give me some research on your theory of "God!"

/tongue in cheek

You've already confessed that you can't hang with my superior logic, intelligence and debating skills!!!!

So see http://www.carm.org/

Knock yourself out!

:thumbsup:

Answer: No, not if you are a Christian that considers God's Word absolute truth. If you don't hold that belief, then I don't believe that you are a Christian; therefore, you are then free to be a liberal who just uses God's Word out of context to justify an ungodly ideaology.

This topic brought JPure out of the woodworks.

Quite frankly if you take the political definitions of a Liberal and a Conservative, neither could be a Christian. Both parties believe in some things that are non-Christian like. The Conservatives want to immediately bring up abortion against the Liberals, and the Liberals would bring up spreading the wealth, death penalty or something else. Bottom line is neither party is the answer to Christianity. Just like our last presidential election. I voted for Bush because he was the lesser of two evils, and he was opposed to abortion. But then he sends our troops to Iraq for a war that even he is now saying was a mistake.:banging:

Never heard President Bush say that the war was a mistake. And, you are confusing Conservative with Republican. They are not the same. President Bush sold himself as a Conservative but he is consistently proving that he is not.

I can't quote Bush saying the war was a mistake, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see he's crawfishing along with his advisors on any questions concerning Iraq. With the good things Bush and his administration have accomplished, he is going to be remembered as the president that didn't learn from the Vietnam "conflict". We've all heard history repeats itself. I assumed it took more than 30 years though.

Back on topic:

What makes one a Liberal?

What makes one a Conservative?

Yes, history is repeating itself. Dems are trying to make us lose a war for purely political reasons, again. That's what happened in Vietnam, Mr. History Expert. When the "surge" works he'll be remembered as the President that had the balls to finish a war no matter what political attacks were hurled his way.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

The gloves are really going to have to come off for this "surge" to work. Don't get me wrong, I'm for it if it will get us to a point where we can go home. Frankly, I don't think it is nearly drastic enough.

But if it doesn't work, you may be right Scot. According to W, everything we did prior to the new plan has been successful.