rookies

i understand that reggie bush is out standing i will not deny him of that but what about joseph addai he did just as good actually better vs. the eagles (171 yds, 4 tds) than reggie did vs. the niners (151yds? somethin like that, 4 tds). Neway my point is i dont understand why reggie gets more props than joseph.

whoa whoa whoa. Let's not get carried away by Bush's numbers against a mediocre defense which blew severals plays because they were more interested in swatting at the ball than tackling. Dallas has great tackling corners, something San Fran lacks.

Now, on to Reggie Bush's numbers....which as far as rushing the ball, can be duplicated by any low round pick:

Reggie Bush - Rush Yards yds/gm avg TD

119 368 30.7 3.1 4

That 3.1 average has gotta hurt. It looks similiar to another guy mentioned often with Reggie's name...and no, it's not Gale Sayers...

Eric Metcalf - Rush Yards avg TD (rookie year)

187 633 3.4 6

These stats don't factor in the many times Bush has fumbled this year, including twice Sunday. I believe the total is around 6. Reminds me of Patrick Crayton in that regard; great hands at catching, poor hands holding on.

Now, I've already suggested that Bush will end up being more wide receiver than running back, but his numbers, and an inflated 7.4 yards per catch after the SanFran game, are more along Larry Centers than anyone else. I believe prior to last week, his average yards per catch were an abysmal 5.9.

Another factor not mentioned when compared to Addai or Maroney, Jones-Drew or Williams; Bush's pass-blocking is atrocious. It looks like he's directed traffic out there.

This does not a ROTY make. It's a nice complement, much like Metcalf and Centers were, but not a worthy 50 mil investment, considering other teams are getting more with cheaper and lower round talent.

My Rookie of th Year would be Vince Young, he is the rookie doing the best with the worst team. In my humble opinion, the QB position is the hardest transition from the college level to the pro level. Vince Young started of slow but is coming on as of late. Matt Leinhart is doing well but is with team that has a better core of talented players.

Now as far as Reggie Bush... I believe he will be an awesome back as he matures and grows into a pro bowl RB. No one in the league can do what he does, already, just watch out for him next year.

Is the ROY divided into two categories (offense and defense)? If so, Clint Ingram should be considered for Defensive ROY. After not starting the first 3 or 4 games of the season for JAX he has become a starter and is now 2nd on the team with tackles. He also has an INT, sacks, TFL, etc. Plus he has been featured for his bone jarring hits twice on Tom Jackson's "Jacked" segment.

Originally posted by coltsboy

i understand that reggie bush is out standing i will not deny him of that but what about joseph addai he did just as good actually better vs. the eagles (171 yds, 4 tds) than reggie did vs. the niners (151yds? somethin like that, 4 tds). Neway my point is i dont understand why reggie gets more props than joseph.

I actually didn't see more "props" given to Reggie, or know how "props" are measured. Addai did well, and got recognized for it. Reggie did well, and got recognized for it. I think both these players will be awesome in years to come, as will other rookies. We're rushing into judgement here.

Lets also remember that Joseph Addai is not sharing the backfield with a pro bowl running back either...But, I certainly agree that they have both gotten their fare share of respect. Someone needs to send some love to Demeco Ryans that kid has been phenomenal. As far as ROY goes I challenge the critics to tell me a rookie that has done more with less talent than THE Vince Young. He's getting better and better by the week this was an

0-5 team before he took the reigns. Already some of that same greatness he had in College is starting to spill over into the NFL especially late in games. He has now engineered the biggest comeback by a rookie in NFL history, not to mention back to back comebacks of 14 points or more. So knowing what you know now who should have been the first pick talent wise? Now he certainly has a lot to improve on but, once again he is proving all those doubters wrong. Houston I will go ahead and say it for you DOH!:homer:

Originally posted by gwsoftball

whoa whoa whoa. Let's not get carried away by Bush's numbers against a mediocre defense which blew severals plays because they were more interested in swatting at the ball than tackling. Dallas has great tackling corners, something San Fran lacks.

Now, on to Reggie Bush's numbers....which as far as rushing the ball, can be duplicated by any low round pick:

Reggie Bush - Rush Yards yds/gm avg TD

119 368 30.7 3.1 4

That 3.1 average has gotta hurt. It looks similiar to another guy mentioned often with Reggie's name...and no, it's not Gale Sayers...

Eric Metcalf - Rush Yards avg TD (rookie year)

187 633 3.4 6

These stats don't factor in the many times Bush has fumbled this year, including twice Sunday. I believe the total is around 6. Reminds me of Patrick Crayton in that regard; great hands at catching, poor hands holding on.

Now, I've already suggested that Bush will end up being more wide receiver than running back, but his numbers, and an inflated 7.4 yards per catch after the SanFran game, are more along Larry Centers than anyone else. I believe prior to last week, his average yards per catch were an abysmal 5.9.

Another factor not mentioned when compared to Addai or Maroney, Jones-Drew or Williams; Bush's pass-blocking is atrocious. It looks like he's directed traffic out there.

This does not a ROTY make. It's a nice complement, much like Metcalf and Centers were, but not a worthy 50 mil investment, considering other teams are getting more with cheaper and lower round talent.

lets not get to complementary the colts as much as i hate to say it have a mediocre d the niners on the other hand are pretty sorry

Bush is one of the most amazing players to come into the NFL he is a lot like Vick I just hope that the Saints will figure out how to use him b/c the Falcons still have yet to figure out Vick

and Colston looks to be a very solid player who was very underrated

Originally posted by coltsboy

I'm with you man im sick of hearing about reggie bush. Yes, he is good maybe even great but there are other people out there that are doing the same stuff that he overshadows because he is from usc. Hey but at least usc isnt in the national championship. (i might have throwns up if that would have happened.)

How can anyone consider a rookie a great player when he averages 3 yards a carry, less than 9 yards a catch, scored nearly all of his season td's against one team (and a bad one), and could be the most fumble-prone back starting in the NFL.

It might be one thing if you were training up a 7th rounder, like a Colston, but it isn't close to being the genius "next Gale Sayers" score that is draining your cap of 50 mil everyone makes it out to be.

If they wanted 80 catches out of a back, they could have brought Larry Centers out of retirement. Maybe Ronnie Harmon.

Honestly? Outside of Colston, Nick Mangold in New York would get my Offensive ROTY vote. I would agree on DeMeco Ryans; he's been a beast.

Originally posted by leopardsonfire

I'm with you man im sick of hearing about reggie bush. Yes, he is good maybe even great but there are other people out there that are doing the same stuff that he overshadows because he is from usc. Hey but at least usc isnt in the national championship. (i might have throwns up if that would have happened.)

This doesn't make any sense. Reggie had a good game, so people were talking about him. When Reggie wasn't producing, I didn't hear anything about him. When Romo threw 5 TD's, that's all ESPN and every other media outlet talked about. They did that because Romo had a good game. The fact is when people play good, like Reggie did, they get talked about. And to throw the idea that he is getting attention just because he is from USC is stupid. The NFL or the media doesn't care where you went to college. Is Lendale White getting a tone of publicity this year, or Leinart, or Winston Justice, or even Troy Polomalu, among others? If Reggie keeps on playing good week after week, you better plug your ears because a good game deserves to be covered, even if it is from Reggie.

Originally posted by boytroy74
Originally posted by leopardsonfire

This doesn't make any sense. Reggie had a good game, so people were talking about him. When Reggie wasn't producing, I didn't hear anything about him. When Romo threw 5 TD's, that's all ESPN and every other media outlet talked about. They did that because Romo had a good game. The fact is when people play good, like Reggie did, they get talked about. And to throw the idea that he is getting attention just because he is from USC is stupid. The NFL or the media doesn't care where you went to college. Is Lendale White getting a tone of publicity this year, or Leinart, or Winston Justice, or even Troy Polomalu, among others? If Reggie keeps on playing good week after week, you better plug your ears because a good game deserves to be covered, even if it is from Reggie.

but joseph addai had a good game im a big espn and nfl network watcher and i hardely heard joseph addai menetioned