Edgewood Golf

bafromet

Originally posted by bafromet

This is the team you are overlooking when talking about HS golf in East Texas. I'll take them over Grace or Texas High any day.

Oh please, one Edgewood played in 2a so we dont know if they can compete. Second dont come in here with ludicrous remarks that they can beat teams like Texas High, that is just ridiculous, and Grace isnt even very good so that doesnt validate your statement. They have 2 good players. Next time know what your talkin about before you make crazy remarks.

You won't know, cause we'll never hook up. They can play though and with 4A and 5As. Are they going to beat Highland Park with their talent pool? Aledo? The Woodlands? Paschal? No they won't. Maybe not Palestine, they have been going low for a long time.

Longview, Kilgore, Plano East or West, Lufkin, McKinney, Rockwall, Duncanville ? Most of them, most of the time.,,,if they played them later in the season. Edgewood kids play basketball as well and will not post any numbers till April or so - but they will be ramped up by then.

Can they beat Texas High - I don't know, I have no clue who plays for TH..I don't remember seeing you at State in the last few years. or any medalists, but I know how tough it is to come out of regionals as well - especially in your region with HP....

I do know who plays for Grace or at least three of them and they are a good team no question, but not better that EW. Big Willy you sound like a Freshman that has played NTPGA or Arklatex, been playing since you were 12 and now shoots somewhere in the mid 80s or so on a good day. You look up to the kids that have played AJGA, Texas Legends Tour and comprise your varsity members now. Your showing school pride, which is awesome, but just because you don't know to make a statement like "make yall look silly" shows immaturity.....

I really wish there were a really good spring tournament for all the East Texas teams - say the top 12 teams or so on a good track...and do it annually.

Right now I am looking forward to the last half of basketball and the playoffs that follow....

Edgewood had a great team last year. How many players do they have back? And I do know that Grace Community is nothing special. They have Ryan Sirman and Jeffrey Juilerat, which both can play, especially Sirman, but that doenst make a great team. I saw a couple of the others and they looked terrible.

Ok Bafromet i am a freshman and i guarantee u that i can take u anyday of the week and listen i do play tljt and tjgt state boys and starburst and u no what it wouldnt matter if i did play ntpga or arlatex i could still take every kid on yalls team and listen here u no what arguing over the internet really isnt gonna do much but when we humiliate yall is when were gonna get something out of all this so listen u think what u want and i will to and when we play well see ok and by the way if ur gonna call me immature wait and say it to my face at the tournament got it?

Easy Big-Willy I don't play for EW and it has been a long time since I was in HS. I follow Jr. Golf at AJGA, FCWT level and a few TLJT tournaments and have a good feel for what the #1s and #2s for EW and Grace are capible of.

I am a huge fan of Junior Golf and want to nurture it by seeing teams capable of competeing with other good teams in East Texas match up. Get the press they deserve and for a handful continue on in collegiate golf.

atownlauncher - EW returns 4 of their 5.

#1, #2, #4 & #5 players are back, graduated our #3. Have a freshman coming in that has been playing for a while and will be able to step in as fifth man. Our #1 and #2 will match up with anyones at any classification, the difference in AA golf is depth. I'd look for our #3 to be in the 76 - 82 range.

All 5 are in basketball now with our #1 is wing on varsity BB, #3 is 6th man on varsity as well. They should be in playoffs so they'll get a late start on golf - which is usuall in EW. The rest are in basketball as well JV & Fresh. Couple months out of bb to ramp up and they'll be good to go.

Originally posted by Big-Willy

Ok Bafromet i am a freshman and i guarantee u that i can take u anyday of the week and listen i do play tljt and tjgt state boys and starburst and u no what it wouldnt matter if i did play ntpga or arlatex i could still take every kid on yalls team and listen here u no what arguing over the internet really isnt gonna do much but when we humiliate yall is when were gonna get something out of all this so listen u think what u want and i will to and when we play well see ok and by the way if ur gonna call me immature wait and say it to my face at the tournament got it?

I really doubt you could even beat the players from Edgewoods moms! They are the reigning 2A state champs, you guys need to hang around and compete with the lil private schools. Oh and congratulations on playing in Starburst anybody can play that tournament if you pay your entry fee lol. All you have to have to play legends is be decent. You need to chill out lil guy

Originally posted by bafromet

Easy Big-Willy I don't play for EW and it has been a long time since I was in HS. I follow Jr. Golf at AJGA, FCWT level and a few TLJT tournaments and have a good feel for what the #1s and #2s for EW and Grace are capible of.

I am a huge fan of Junior Golf and want to nurture it by seeing teams capable of competeing with other good teams in East Texas match up. Get the press they deserve and for a handful continue on in collegiate golf.

atownlauncher - EW returns 4 of their 5.

#1, #2, #4 & #5 players are back, graduated our #3. Have a freshman coming in that has been playing for a while and will be able to step in as fifth man. Our #1 and #2 will match up with anyones at any classification, the difference in AA golf is depth. I'd look for our #3 to be in the 76 - 82 range.

All 5 are in basketball now with our #1 is wing on varsity BB, #3 is 6th man on varsity as well. They should be in playoffs so they'll get a late start on golf - which is usuall in EW. The rest are in basketball as well JV & Fresh. Couple months out of bb to ramp up and they'll be good to go.

Sounds like a 2A repeat this year for Edgewood

I don't know about that...We have probably been to State 15 - 20 or so of the last 35 years and won it only once - last year. It is so hard to win with 8 quality teams there...

Last year 3 shots separated a school from a State Championship to a 3rd place bronze medal - THREE SHOTS. However, as we all know first you have to get there.

THE EAST TEXAS INVITATIONAL hosted by Edgewood High School.......Gosh has a good ring to it doesn't it?

I do wish some, no actually I wish ALL of these teams would contact EISD coach and see if their Invitational is full yet - Grace, Texas High, Palestine, Atlanta, Lee......Gosh I'd like to get everyone together this year! If I ommitted anyone - I didn't do it intentionally.

Hit 'em up guys, make it happen, be the Man, lets Get It Guys - TODAY!