Position Players

Flamethrowers

While I am very excited and supportive of the ET Travelers teams they have a long way to go to compete at the ASA Gold Nationals. However, that actually goes to A LOT of Texas Gold teams. I talked to Cara after her travelers gold team went to Beaumont for AFA nationals and then the next week went to ASA nationals and she said that there was absolutely no comparison to the level of play. Her team was very good and did well at AFA but they got beat pretty good at ASA however those teams have the BEST players in the nation. Just observing that even the best texas teams don't do that well at ASA gold nationals. I don't want to start anything because there are some texas teams that do very well but compared to other states Texas needs to be represented better.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure it means nothing to parents and girls who are not there- but to the girls who compete at the level of ASA A Nationals, it is VERY meaningful- to qualify, to attend and play in the tournament and to work hard enough to finish with a 5th place finish beating out all the other Texas teams and teams from several other states, including Southern California.

All three of those girls are playing varsity as freshman, they are all serious players and I look forward to watching all them for the next 4 years.

Originally posted by fpfanatic
Originally posted by fastpitch57

She hasn't been thrown out stealing a base in two years from what I have been told,

Renee is a great all-round athlete and shines bright on the diamond. She may not have been thrown out stealing in high school but it has happened a few times in select. If she gets on a strong select team that gets noticed she will play college ball. Many talented athletes are looked over because they do not know how to market themselves.

Good luck "NAY NAY"

:thumbsup:

From what I understand she is now on a very good up and coming select team that is with the Travelers organization out of Dallas. I believe this team is based out of East Texas and made up of all East Texas girls. And yes I am sure she has been thrown out a few times in select since the talent level usually is much better.

On the Travelers Renee Martin -Shortstop Kandis Krisle- Cather and Alex Holland - Pitcher

All 3 plays on that same Travelers team out of Canton!