Who are the top pitchers to look for in 2007 in ET

snuffy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sftball4Life

Lacey Middlebrooks - Liberty Eylau

Is this the girl that was a freshman last year....?

I never caught her name during the games, but I know she dominated our girls when we played L-E....She didn't look like any freshman, but that what the girls told me...

Originally posted by Slikk1803

Lacey Middlebrooks - Liberty Eylau

Is this the girl that was a freshman last year....?

I never caught her name during the games, but I know she dominated our girls when we played L-E....She didn't look like any freshman, but that what the girls told me...

She was definitely a freshman last year. She works hard on it all year and plays a lot of competitive travel ball away from school. She was the 14-3A Newcomer of the Year last year in volleyball, basketball and softball. She's every bit as much of athlete as her brother (Will) who has been highly recruited in football and baseball. He will attend Texas A & M next year on a baseball scholarship.

Talking about the Middlebrooks kid...she is very talented but from a spectators point of view she is very cocky and has a major attitude problem. My suggestion would be to get that under control and then she will be one of the best in east texas. Also, with a little bit more experience she will be very good.

Major attitude? Works like a dog, doesn't complain, plays fierce and expects it of her teammates, tries to smile when things are going tough or she doesn't like the call, and puts up with bodily threats from adult fans during games. I think she did great, not perfect, for a freshman and bashing her from a singular viewpoint for all to see is unfair.

Mr. Sprtsfan,

Do you know Lacey Middlebrooks, or did you just see her pitch a game or two? I know the girl. She's an honor roll student, a good girl and a 15-year-old leader that came within one out of leading her team to Austin. Do you know what a competitor is? If you don't believe you're the best, you can never be the best. I've seen her pitch several times. If she didn't get a call she wanted, she might have made a face, or mumbled something to herself. A lot of folks read your post on this board and some will likely go and say they heard the Middlebrooks girl has an attitude problem. You have no business doing this to a young girl who has never been a problem for anyone. She's a better person than you'll ever be if your post is an indication of how you think. I would say you owe her an apology, but it wouldn't help now. Please, next time think before blasting a 15-year-old athlete.

I definitely agree with Leopard on Sprtsfan's post. I really have only seen one player over my many years of watching softball who I felt needed to be commented on about her attitude and even then I did not name names or even the team as I recall.

I saw Middlebrooks pitch only one game and she won that game. I saw no indication of any attitude on her other than a positive one.

Originally posted by eyeluvsports

Tricia Crocker-Van

Whitney Landwermeyer-Canton

Morgan Bond-Lindale

These girls are all Seniors. Any news of colleges looking at them or colleges they are interested in. A lot of 2007 players are already committed. Haven't heard a word about any of these pitchers.

sprtsfan - I think you're way off base on Middlebrooks and I've seen a whole lot more than just a few games she's pitched - she's a workhorse and did a great job handling some very intense pressure at such a young age

as I've stated before, anybody that didn't see that 15-inning head-to-head between her and Cara Hulme will never know what they missed - competition at its best

unfortunately, there will always be people who feel the need to smack these kids around - but I have every confidence that her career will more than speak for itself over the next several years - LE is lucky to have her

sprtsfan - I think you're way off base on Middlebrooks and I've seen a whole lot more than just a few games she's pitched - she's a workhorse and did a great job handling some very intense pressure at such a young age

as I've stated before, anybody that didn't see that 15-inning head-to-head between her and Cara Hulme will never know what they missed - competition at its best

unfortunately, there will always be people who feel the need to smack these kids around - but I have every confidence that her career will more than speak for itself over the next several years - LE is lucky to have her

And both these pitchers played on during that 15-inning day after taking line drives, Middlebrooks in the first game to the ankle/foot and Hulme in the second (?) with one to the face that fractured her cheekbone, I believe. Amazing. There are a lot of tough, sharp pitchers out there these days.

Let me clarify something...I am not "bashing" her. I truly believe she is one of the best pitchers in the area but I know for a fact some of the looks and huffs and puffs that she has given to the wrong call or even some other players was disrespectful. Yes, it might have been in the moment of an emotional game but, call me old fashioned, I think that is disrespectful. I was only saying that so when it is time to be recruited to make sure that she just makes sure she is watching her attitude or behavoir. She is not the only pitcher I have seen do this but her name was mentioned and really think she has enormous potential. I am truly sorry if I hurt any feelings.:notworthy: