Who are the top pitchers to look for in 2007 in ET

snuffy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NL girls have had a tough year or two but one of the bright spots has been the twin sister tandem of Crawfords...one pitches, the other catches...and they practice 365!!! (won't take the chance of listing first names and I'm sure I'd mix them up and I've coached them for a couple of years when the both pitched!!!)

Originally posted by sprtsfan

Let me clarify something...I am not "bashing" her. I truly believe she is one of the best pitchers in the area but I know for a fact some of the looks and huffs and puffs that she has given to the wrong call or even some other players was disrespectful. Yes, it might have been in the moment of an emotional game but, call me old fashioned, I think that is disrespectful. I was only saying that so when it is time to be recruited to make sure that she just makes sure she is watching her attitude or behavoir. She is not the only pitcher I have seen do this but her name was mentioned and really think she has enormous potential. I am truly sorry if I hurt any feelings.:notworthy:

When it is time to being recruited that girl will not have any problem. Many teams will be fighting for her. Sometimes competitive fire gets confused with cocky/attitude problem. She is a good kid and great player it seems to me.

Give me the girl with the attitude every time, I like a little competitivness. Sometimes you have to balance on the edge of cockiness and competitive to get the most out of your pitcher. I would rather have this type as to have a passive pitcher. I think this is part of the game and can be expected from a player in the heat of battle, it lets me know that they really do care.:thumbsup:

i agree with bpinch. it isn't healthy for the girl to throw 10 out of 10 games in district or 20 out of 26 games in the season. she is a great pitcher, one of the best to come through MP, but maybe when you play a weaker team or she has thrown about 5 games in a row then let ur #2 and 3 pitcher get some time in and maybe put ur ace at first, or just the day off for that matter.

Originally posted by softballfan1

I was wrong about the 100 errors, I called the Cardinal coach and it was only 96. Stewart threw a 2 hitter in the playoffs and the team made 7 errors. They got beat 7-0 on 7 unearned runs.

Stewart and the Lady Cards finally go to play their first game of the season today, blanking Paul Pewitt 7-0...Stewart registered a carreer high 19 strikeouts (and no-hits) while her teammates supported her with 12 hits and 7 runs.

Originally posted by Flamethrowers

I believe the ss that played that position last year was Brooke Martin and she should be Lindale's #1 pitcher. Morgans hand has healed and she has been practicing she will be working hard to get back into the rotation. Who does Ashton play select ball with? It looks as if Coach Michell will have another talented team. Go Blue

Ashton plays for ET Travelers and pitches very well for there team. I think she deserves a chance to pitch!