Who are the top pitchers to look for in 2007 in ET

snuffy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bclove05

Umm Sabine will have Barber and Im sure Sandy James will pitch some too.

Do you really think that James will have to pitch this year. Do they have anyone else coming up? How is Barber's knee and is she stronger than last year? Hope everything works out for Sabine. Is James and Barber Sr's? I can't remember.

I didn't mean anything bad...she is just a great catcher and I know that there are a couple of college prospects that are interested in her as a catcher and was just wondering. I thought that she might be a senior because of the college interest. Sorry if it were taken wrong. From what I've seen she has a great attitude and seems she would do anything to help the team as a whole.

Gotcha and I agree with that for sure! No apology needed at all as I just wasn't certain what you meant. I do think it is always wise to have at least 2 pitchers as you can never be certain what will happen during the course of a season. Plus, as I said, I really think she is a capable pitcher for sure (as evidenced in her freshman season and even last year).

MBAGGIE85, you are absolutely right. I know for a fact that it is very stressfull for these kids. Lots of things to think about. I know that my daughter is making sure she weighs it all out but it is such a hard decission and there is quite a bit of pressure.

I agree. Daughter is trying to decide if she wants music, academic, and/or athletic scholarships. She is only 16!!!

It is a very difficult decision and requires alot of thought.

Athletic scholarships are great but what if player gets hurt and/or very ill? Bye Bye scholarship.

Daughter has had offers from several schools but we are waiting and praying.

I think we may go with academic and music money and play softball without athletic money. If she decides she no longer wants to play and/or get hurts it will not kill her college dream.

You're right...my daughter is really wanting academic money and play softball. I think the athletes that I have been around the past couple of years have been extremely blessed. Their grades and scores are opening more opprotunities for them. One of the girls from our team signed with Yale and had made a perfect score on her SAT. The one thing I am pleased with on our travel team is the coaches taking such a great interest in the girls academic acheivments and stressing the importance of applying themselves in school as well as on the field.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:lurk:Another pitcher to watch in the next few years is Cassidi Henderson from Edgewood, she is just a sophomore and had a great freshman year last year! She will definitely turn some heads in 2A. She will be one they will talk about for a few years to come!!!:cool:

Jenny Winthrop- Hunnington

Callie Collins- Rusk (Sierra Smith injured)

Brooke Martin- Lindale

Cassidi Henderson- Edgewood

Trish Crocker- Van

Kayla Williams- Spring Hill

Kylee Miller- Chapel Hill

Erika Harding-

Kaylee Davis- Carthage

Morgan Bond- Lindale (Broken Hand)

Emily Costlow , Cagan Medlock- Whitehouse

These are some of the young ladies I know who will be pitching this year. Some are freshmen and some will be seniors. Most of the girls listed are in the 60 plus range and all of them play on select softball teams. It will be interesting to see how the freshmen do at the high school level. I know their are lots of other talented pitchers around East Texas and when the season starts we will be hearing from them.

Originally posted by gqdude

Libby Van Cleave of Athens will be a strong pitcher in 14-3A. In 4A last season was 16-8. Had an ERA of .94. Did not have much hitting support. Being recruited by many schools. Just has to make up her mind.

I agree. With this being Van Cleave's 4th year as starting pitcher for the Hornets, the experience she will bring to the mound will be a force to be reckoned with. There is also depth in their lineup, and some power as well. I believe that Athens will surprise many this year and give Van a run for their money.

Originally posted by biggestfan08
Originally posted by gqdude

Libby Van Cleave of Athens will be a strong pitcher in 14-3A. In 4A last season was 16-8. Had an ERA of .94. Did not have much hitting support. Being recruited by many schools. Just has to make up her mind.

I agree. With this being Van Cleave's 4th year as starting pitcher for the Hornets, the experience she will bring to the mound will be a force to be reckoned with. There is also depth in their lineup, and some power as well. I believe that Athens will surprise many this year and give Van a run for their money.