Who are the top pitchers to look for in 2007 in ET

snuffy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sierra had knee surgery for a long time problem she has had since she was smaller. I was under the impression that she could possibly be back by district. She re-injured her shoulder in Oklahoma making a spectacular catch! Hope she returns soon!!!

I do not know whether Libby has signed, but I do know that Athens is perfectly capable of competing in this district, only losing one starting senior.

Last year, with Libby pitching, they finished 4th in district with the likes of Ennis and Red Oak in District 14-4A. And ended up splitting games with Red Oak. Libby was hurt the first part of district, but they finished strong by defeating Red Oak by a score of 2-0. Forcing a second place playoff game between Red Oak and Corsicana. Which Red Oak won. With Libby leading the way, four more seniors, a whole lot of juniors, this should be a good year. If they can stay healthy.:texrangers:

Originally posted by fastpitchsoftball

Middlebrooks may have seemed like she has a slight attitude problem but with an infielder last year who lets easy grounders go right through her legs who wouldnt be. I think if you paid attention to others besides the pitcher u would find several agitated leopards on the LE defense last year. Carthage playoff game 6 errors on the right side of the field? :hmmm:

LE has one of the best defenses around here and middlebrooks adds alot to there star defense that consists of several standouts (Johnson, Treas, Cooper) who will still be on the field for the leopards this year. I believe this will be a year for LE to shine, with an extremely talented Junior class. :thumbsup: Good Luck LE!

The Whiddon girl got most of the pitching time last year at Huntington. Now that she has graduated, I would assume the Winthrop girl will step in and carrying much of the load. Who does she play gold ball with? I did see where she signed with Texarkana College to play after high school.

I heard that Huntington has a very hard throwing freshman coming up plus a good pitcher from their JV team last year.

However, barring an injury, with a good #1 pitcher, how much pitching does a #2 pitcher get in high school? In travel ball, with multiple games on each day and at times back to back games it is very important. But in high school, two 7 inning games a week. A good gold level pitcher can handle that with ease. In my opinion that is probably not enough work to remain sharp.