Van Zandt Country Club - Canton, Texas

bafromet

This is really a fun course to play. I try to play it at least once per year. Even from the back tees at 6,975 yards, it does not seem to play that long. Greens are usually great, and the price is very reasonable. I usually play two rounds when I go- one walking and ride the other. I recommend this course to all East Texans. On a side note, one day when I was there, I ended up playing with Dave Manders who is a retired center with the Dallas Cowboys.

They will be changed out to a strain of dwarf bermuda called Mini-Verde. It is a heat tolerant strain that plays and looks very similar to Bent Grass. Looking at it and playing it you may not be able to see or tell the difference.

It is a relitively new strain that most folks have not heard of. TPC - Sawgrass where they host the Players Championship have changed all their greens out to Mini-Verde as well.

Bent grass has a life expectancy and ultimately has to be replaced. VZCCs greens have been very good over the years but the Bent had run it's course. In evaluating their options, the Board has elected to replace them with Mini-Verde after the July 4th tournament this summer.

Go out and play it now the Bent are cut low and the ball is roooooooolllllllling fast!

Call Mr. Ed Gatlin for your tee time (903) 567 - 2336

vanzandtcc.com