Police Reunion!

rubsumdirtonit

THE POLICE

The Recording Academy announced Tuesday that the three members of the classic 1980s reggae rock group -- bassist-singer Sting, guitarist Andy Summers and drummer Stewart Copeland -- are getting back together to open the 49th annual Grammy Awards Feb. 11 in Los Angeles.

Whoooo!! That should be fun.

What a great band. If we're lucky they may also get into an enormous fist-fight during their set.

It could happen

I like some of the Police, but were they really that great ? I'm just not excited about this. I suppose, I'm with Cheaptrickfan on this, I like some of Gordon Sumner's solo work, but not much. I feel like I'm Mike Rhyner from KZEW and KTCK.

I have three albums by them "Ghost In The Machine" "Synchronicity" and "Every Breath You Take, The Singles". I know what Stewart Copeland and his brother did for the band, but to me they were like Leo Sayer. They had some catchy tunes, but that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Get online quick. This reminds me of the Paul McCartney concert, November 20, 2005. I tried to get tickets, and I was online at 10 am when the the tickets went on sale. I was too late.

I went on Ebay to try and find tickets, for around $500 in the nose bleeds. Couldn't find them, there were people in India and Alaska that were selling tickets, for $750 a pop, but could a die hard fan find them ? no.

I think the Police will be just as big a draw. I like the Police, I don't think they were "that great". "Roxanne", "Every Breathe You Take", "King Of Pain", were good songs, but they didn't inspire me. Everytime I hear "Message in a Bottle", I have to skip it or flip the radio station.

I'm just giving you some inside information.

Originally posted by Boss302

$225 ticket :shocked:

Wonder where that will put ya in the AAC?

30 rows back, you might as well pay the $150 for the side seats. Don't buy the floor seats, unless you're in Ticketmasters website, at 10 am, when they go on sale. Your chances are still slim to none.

I also recommend going to any "Police" websites and getting the early password. Good luck.

Late

Originally posted by Boss302

No worries DaveTV1. I'm not going to any Police reunion concert anytime soon as I am not a fan of the band either.

I'm waiting on the Led Zeppelin reunion! I would pay $225 to see that!

I'd pay 2k with Jason on drums, but I read that Plant has re-tooled The Honeydrippers of all forsaken bands.

On December 23rd 2006 Robert Plant is to perform a charity show at Kidderminster Town Hall under the title "The Return of the Honeydrippers" to raise money for his neighbour Jackie Jennings, who is undergoing treatment for a brain tumour.

They will play another show at JBs rock club in Dudley for the same cause on Wednesday 14th February 2007- but this has already sold out."

I read it and went is Paul Schaffer going to be on keyboards again ?

I don't mind bands getting back together, and plan on going to see "Heaven and I don't know if I can type this He double hockey sticks".

Back on thread, I'd go see the Police if it was free or less than $100 for two decent seats. It doesn't look like it, so I'm out.